TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

A couple of questions after purchase of a CPO 2013 P85+ ...

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Jaymc5, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Jaymc5

Jaymc5 Member

1.) I've seen on youtube (5:50 into ) that you can have a significant gap on the hood, but is this (see pic) too much?

[​IMG]

2.) Has anyone successfully installed a bridge transponder behind the nose cone as suggested on page 160 of the Owners Manual? I'd prefer to do this instead of installing on the windshield if it works fine.

Thanks.

2. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

The gap looks a little more than normal to me, but not excessive. Check other cars. That is the spot that has the most obvious gap in the car.

There is a whole discussion on transponder placement, but yes others have successfully placed it behind the nosecone.

Also Welcome to the forum!! Congrats on the new car!!

3. Jaymc5

Jaymc5 Member

Thanks for the quick response. Things I'm having done after the post-delivery service:

"Hi John,

This is a friendly reminder of your Model S service appointment on October 31, 2016, 09:30 AM at the Seattle-SoDo service center.

Your service items to be addressed:

-power switch update
    -two marks on bumper below wrap
    -passenger side rear wheel curb rash
    -hood alignment
    -driver side passenger door dent/crack in paint"

4. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Member

That gap is about right for a 2013, but it can be improved a bit.