Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A couple of questions for a Newbie with a Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up our Model 3 today and super stoked! A couple of questions for those that have had their car:

1. Our garage is quite narrow and I would like to fold the side mirrors while backing out and coming into the garage. Is there a way to do that? In our earlier beamer we had a button that would manually do this for us but not sure how to do it on our Model 3?

2. How does one disable starting the car with the phone? Reason is whenever I come in and out of the garage the phone recognizes the Model 3 and opens it which I don't want to happen.

Thanks for the advice.

Picked up our Model 3 today and super stoked! A couple of questions for those that have had their car:

1. Our garage is quite narrow and I would like to fold the side mirrors while backing out and coming into the garage. Is there a way to do that? In our earlier beamer we had a button that would manually do this for us but not sure how to do it on our Model 3?

2. How does one disable starting the car with the phone? Reason is whenever I come in and out of the garage the phone recognizes the Model 3 and opens it which I don't want to happen.

Thanks for the advice.

1. Early version of the manual says this is done by:
Controls > Quick Controls > Adjustments >
Fold Mirrors.
(if it's not there, it should be somewhere thereabouts).

2. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone.

Good luck, and welcome to the Model 3 club.:)

There's supposed to be a configuration option to "disable walk-up unlock" or words to that effect. With that setting, the car will be poised to unlock the doors, but not actually do anything until you push on the door handle.