Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A couple things I never noticed before

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, I just wanted to post a couple things on the interface I never really noticed before. First, the map on the driver interface actually shows elevation as well. I thought it was just a 2D flat map but I noticed the other day I could see differences in gray scale showing hills and such and the road markings appropriately bend over and around the elevation differences. This cannot be seen in nightmode though. Second, I noticed the autopilot view does show cars in adjacent lanes but only when I activate my turn signal to change lanes. These are just minor things but things I never payed attention to. I have a 2016 Model S 90D AP 2.0 on firmware 2017.46 3387a54.

Reactions: Utahken
I noticed the AP2 "glitch" too - I had AP1 and enjoyed knowing that AP could "see" the cars in other lanes. Speaking to an AP engineer I ran into at the Factory, he said AP2 can see the other cars but doesn't display them. To my surprise (in my AP2 vehicle) I signaled to change lanes and cars appeared in the display on the other lanes! Not sure if it's on purpose or not?

Reactions: Utahken