TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

A CPO Model S without Free Supercharging?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by mattym, Jun 29, 2017.

1. mattym

mattym Member

Got an odd one for the group...I reserved this CPO Model S last week and noticed immediately after that Supercharging wasnt included:

2014 60 kWh Model S
    EXTERIOR
    Red Multi-Coat Paint
    Black Roof
    19" Wheels
    INTERIOR
    Black Nappa Leather Seats
    Piano Black Décor
    Standard Headliner
    OPTIONS
    Tech Package with Autopilot
    VEHICLE PRICE

I confirmed immediately with my CPO advisor who mentioned that free charging WAS always included, and that it was "probably a typo". Should I be concerned it wasnt mentioned in the description?

2. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

#2 BerTX, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    Get it in writing, and do it quickly. If I recall, some Model 60s in that time were not equipped for Supercharging and had to be physically modified to do it not just an OTA upgrade. You need to be sure, not just accept the verbal assurance.

If you are planning to use this car for long distance travel, be sure you know what you are in for. Long, slow charging in some cases to get between Superchargers. This is NOT a software limited recent model 60. You will spend considerable time at a Supercharger getting enough juice to make the next one.

3. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

What BerTX said is accurate.. there are some CPO's that did not have free supercharging, but with their recent changes, I think you could ask nicely and get it in writing.

4. mattym

mattym Member

thanks guys... I actually called my CPO advisor today to ask about the free supercharging; "All Model S's have Free Supercharging per Elon"... I did ask him to send that to me in writing. Just kind of odd that if it was true, why it isnt listed.