TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

A Day in the Life (BC) [Before the Car]

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Birdman325, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Birdman325

Birdman325 Member

Background

I reserved my Model on 3 Jan 1 2018 and ordered it a couple of days after they opened up all reservations for order – apx June 30. Deep blue metallic, Dual Motor, LR, EAP, PUP and 19” sport wheels. Within 24 hours I had changed it to 18” Aeros, and then back to 19”.

A couple of days after they opened up premium white interior to all Dual Motor orders I called to change my order (no edit button online) and was forced to submit the dreaded “email change order”. Almost a month later, still no record of the change in my account and still showing Sept – Nov delivery.

An Average Day

I wake up in the morning and check my Tesla account to see if there is any change to my order; either timing or acknowledging the change to premium white interior – nothing. I read a bunch of “new posts” and begin to fret over all the panel gap, no IR coating on the roof, missing clip, vampire drain and “my car is bricked” postings and begin to regret spending so much time, effort and resources waiting for this damn car. Then I read some more posts about how great it is to drive, will never go back to an ICE car and begin to feel a little better.

Eventually I need to stop reading posts and checking my Tesla account and go to work. On the way I see an endless stream of cars which I can walk into a dealership and for the most part, pick up off the lot. Even a special order comes with timing certainty. Once again, I begin to re-think whether waiting for the Model 3 with all of the related uncertainty is “worth it”. The longer I am away from the forums, the easier it is to convince myself that I should cancel my order and just move on.

After getting to the office and working for a few minutes (assuming I haven’t checked the forums on my phone) I go back on line to read the new posts and peruse the Canada specific forums. Sometimes I start with some other Model 3 specific forums but TMC is my go-to forum. This time I start with the good news; road trip and supercharging reports, system updates, autopilot love letters and then I watch a couple of my favourite YouTube channels. I’m back to feeling great about my decision and happy to wait until my Model 3 is finally delivered. I think about what aftermarket items I will order (Centre console wrap, pedals, Tesla wall charger) and I am back to being obsessed with everything Tesla.

And then the cycle continues….

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 1
  2. ConcordeSST

ConcordeSST Supporting Member

If you go to the this link (replacing RN with your reservation number) are you able to edit and choose white? tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXXXXXXXX

• Like x 1
  3. Runt8

Runt8 Active Member

Get out of my head demon!

4. Birdman325

Birdman325 Member

So when I go to that link with my RN it does take me to my configuration and allows me to go through all the different choices, but White interior doesn’t show up as an option. Only black which is what I already have.