Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Different Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Snerruc

Unqualified Doofus
Apr 16, 2016
Palm Bay
I live on a small island in the middle of the Pacific and get my Tesla Wednesday. As I am 200 miles by barge from a service center, Tesla has shipped it to the nearest harbor. Someone is flying in to receive delivery and make sure it is in good condition. Then they will call me and arrange for delivery. I'll drive up, inspect the car and sign the papers. My DS told me to allow at least an hour for us to completely set the car up for my use. Then I drive it home. Should be an interesting experience.

This sounds like it will be a fantastic experience.

I hope you are ready for occasional sending of the vehicle back on the barge to the service center for a list of maintenance items. I wish they had the loaner program solid enough they could barge you the loaner car while yours was in maintenance :p but somehow I doubt that.

I got engaged in the big island and did a pilgrimage a few months back. I want to move there :)

What do you do about service and the like?
They have a ranger for most stuff, but as the next guy said big stuff has to hit the barge. I have a friend who is a former aircraft mechanic and stuff like 12 v battery may be do it yourself. Move on over. Life is fun here.
Pm me if you come back.

Last edited:
This sounds like it will be a fantastic experience.

I hope you are ready for occasional sending of the vehicle back on the barge to the service center for a list of maintenance items. I wish they had the loaner program solid enough they could barge you the loaner car while yours was in maintenance :p but somehow I doubt that.
I still have an old CR V for those times. I made my peace with reliability and qc problems otherwise I would probably go nuts. In the past they have often given rentals, but I suspect that may not be true anymore.

• Love
Reactions: Ulmo
Actually I'm finding the process interesting not disappointing. The one to feel something for is the poor Tesla rep. who had to call me this am saying the barge wasn't at the pier. He arrived at 6:00 this morning, wasted a day and has to come back next week.

Reactions: newtman