Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A door button that can't be overlooked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a whim, I decided to cut a version of kenriko's door buttons in red with the goal of making it more obvious. I'm hoping that it will prevent passengers from using the manual release and make it easier for me to explain how to open the door (press the red button). I used red to match the exterior color but I'm not convinced, and may redo it in a matte grey to match the dash trim.

Attachments

• IMG_7037.jpg
    IMG_7037.jpg
    513.5 KB · Views: 782
I have to figure out something for this too. I do a lot of meetups (driving strangers) so I'm dreading having to explain opening the door over and over. I'm thinking about doing something with the exterior handle too. Maybe a "push here" sticker haha.

In all my drives, I have had only one time someone press the emergency release. Its not at all conspicuous. No one has found its existence.

Almost every time I have seen passengers struggle to find out how to open the door, and I end up telling them to push that small lighted button.

Last edited:
What I don't understand is why Tesla needed two different opening mechanisms in the first place. Other manufacturers have built cars with frameless windows for a long time, and they all somehow manage to design mechanical releases that work without power in emergency situations, but still roll down the windows fast enough to avoid damage in normal operation. That doesn't seem to be so difficult.

Reactions: Canikony