Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A dream come true

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

1plavs

‘22 MYP, White/Black
Mar 29, 2021
MKE

An auto enthusiast who has owned close to 30 vehicles. I grew up with people in my family who took junkyard cars and sold them for $50k when they were done with it. I’m fairly new to the EV, but I have also done my research.

I truly never thought I’d be here, but I am. A plate frame was my very Tesla purchase lol back when the first Tesla Roadster and Model S were announced, in hopes of actually owning a Tesla one day.

Tesla always intrigued me, but at first it was just too pricey for the average person. Then things slowly changed…

The Model 3, Model Y and who knows what’s next.

Owning close to 30 vehicles I have never driven a vehicle where when someone looks at it they look twice. They freeze because of the pure beauty. Some have told me from a distance at first they think it’s a Porsche, but then quickly see what’s actually coming their way.

The red to green light torque is mind blowing. The regenerative braking is cool as f**k. The sports car like steering feel is ….well hell yeah!!!

Every single inch of this vehicle inside and out is a masterpiece. From the lights and mirror on the sun visor to the Induction wheels.

Now the roads ahead of me guide the way in a vehicle that has the latest and greatest tech, power and design that many car manufacturers cannot get close to. Aren’t they like 10 years behind Tesla?

Gone are the long lines at Costco waiting for gas.

Gone are the days that I wait for an oil change while the service guy is trying to tell me there’s something else wrong with my vehicle so his technician and the dealership can try and replace a part or replace fluids that are perfectly fine. Gone are the days where the dealership salesperson tries to make an extra $1,000 on a new car sale. The horrible dealership experience and the snakes that go with it in their shiny suits are …..gone.

A dream come true…
Big props @Elon

Last edited:
Your enthusiasm is infectious! Congratulations!! DH is getting the YLR and although he's not a car enthusiast, he is a techie so I think that he's going to be thrilled with software updates improving performance and all the fun feature or bug fixes done this way!

I felt the way you did when I got my Panamera - never thought that I could ever afford one, but after getting behind the wheel of one, I knew that I would never, ever drive anything other than a Porsche. My sibs are all car enthusiasts but more into Japanese cars so growing up, that's all we ever drove. Good thing we didn't experience the German or Italian cars until we were all adults!! There's just something so precise in the handling of the Porsches that it's thrilling to drive.

I've heard that the Teslas are equally fun to drive so I'm looking forward to taking DH's out for a spin when we get it. We are expecting pickup in July!