I've been tortured by the decision to purchase a TM3 since late last year when my pal offered to give me his reservation. Until that point purchase wasn't even an option in the immediate term since going convention at that time was the wait for non-reserves would be 2 years or so. I've hemmed. I've hawed. Made countless spreadsheets and assessed priorities. Ultimately, I decided that good things come to those who wait. I've read of quality issues, rejected deliveries, months waiting for repairs, and so on. Financially, we can comfortably afford it but i'm pretty conservative with spending and we're not prepared as I would like for this purchase (read: all cash) This Labor Day weekend I sat down with the wife to discuss the full picture. The costs, the risks, the all-important impending tax credit phase-out. And of course, my decision to wait for a few years. She looks at me a says, "I hear you. You've been obsessing about this car for a long time. Put the numbers aside. I want you to get the car. We'll make it work regardless of the outcome. You have my blessing". She is a wonderful person in so many ways. She understood better than I in that moment that there is an emotion component to life choices. Where i'm analytical, she tends to be spiritual. It's a great balance. We sat on the couch with the iPad and ordered a MSM Model3 LR RWD on Sep1. Now I just hope it arrives before year's end. I wanted to share this story with the others who find themselves struggling with the mental tug o' war. I don't know on which side of the fence you will eventually fall. I do know that for many, myself included, this is a big purchase that merits careful consideration. Good luck whatever you and your family decide.