Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

a few days in, already need service.. what to expect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I took delivery on 9/19 of my 3 LR AWD, I had a few camera blocked messages on my way home but it was as the sun was setting, and the temperature was changing. This eventually cleared up, but a few other times while viewing cameras while driving the RH fender camera would go out and "load" and then come back. Maybe twice I noticed(I wasn't watching cameras a whole lot) the whole drive home which was about 3.5 hours. Today on my drive home from work I got a "autopilot features disabled" or similar notification for one of my cameras, and when pulling up the view the RH it just shows the loading symbol. I have tried both reboots, and I also had a software update I allowed to complete to see if that would fix the issue to no avail. I also noted at delivery a fender to A-pillar gap difference side to side(just want them to be even, drivers side was huge in comparison) and you could see a spot where there should have been more paint. I live in the finger lakes region of NY so the app looks like it wants me to go to the Henrietta service center to have these issues addressed.. Will I have to book two appts total, one for each concern? Do I call? Will I get a loaner vehicle? I cant imagine the paint being done the same day... has anyone had any experience with that center and the booking, especially for multiple concerns..? Just a hoping for a decent experience especially since these issues are all right after delivery. Any info is appreciated.

• Informative
Reactions: CarbonFree
So I took delivery on 9/19 of my 3 LR AWD, I had a few camera blocked messages on my way home but it was as the sun was setting, and the temperature was changing. This eventually cleared up, but a few other times while viewing cameras while driving the RH fender camera would go out and "load" and then come back. Maybe twice I noticed(I wasn't watching cameras a whole lot) the whole drive home which was about 3.5 hours. Today on my drive home from work I got a "autopilot features disabled" or similar notification for one of my cameras, and when pulling up the view the RH it just shows the loading symbol. I have tried both reboots, and I also had a software update I allowed to complete to see if that would fix the issue to no avail.

I have a similar issue where the left fender/repeater camera doesn't work, always shows loading and is missing in Sentry footage) - it just doesn't work but I don't know if it is the camera itself or something else. My delivery was just a little over a week ago, I found it the next morning.

My appt is 10/6/20 to get it looked at. So I'd go ahead and schedule service via phone app. There's another thread here where I think another user with the issue has their appt this week and they were going to update with what they found.

Have the same autopilot camera issue and taking mine in next week along with trim alignment and rattle issues. Make a single appointment for both. Thats what I did as recommended by the Tesla chat. Was contacted by text from the SC for more detailed info.

I have a similar issue where the left fender/repeater camera doesn't work, always shows loading and is missing in Sentry footage) - it just doesn't work but I don't know if it is the camera itself or something else. My delivery was just a little over a week ago, I found it the next morning.

My appt is 10/6/20 to get it looked at. So I'd go ahead and schedule service via phone app. There's another thread here where I think another user with the issue has their appt this week and they were going to update with what they found.
I have a similar window of availability also.. hope we didn't get end of the quarter rush builds with having similar problems o_O looks like I'll be setting them up tomorrow once I figure out when I can get the time off work.

Camera issue as well on my car delivered on the 14th. Sounds like a bad batch of cameras or harnesses. I’ll update what fixes my driver’s fender camera when the tech comes on Tuesday. Really hope he brings the parts and not just troubleshooting.

Reactions: SlimJim
-right side repeater camera not working
-windshield and roof glass misaligned
-rear passenger door trim misaligned
-brake light housing misaligned
-unable to turn on climate control with app
-rattles in vicinity of front passenger door

All noted on my SC appointment next week. Oh, and my car is at the body shop for repair after being sideswiped. It's been there longer than I have had the car. Sure would like it back.

Service tech found the connection where the Video cord connects to the camera broken. There is a round guide that it locks onto and it was sheared off from the camera. From all the responses on this post it seems either a newbie or someone lacking technique has been connecting these at the factory. New camera fixed it.

Was told today they keep cameras on the shelves now. Recent deliveries are having issues, the bad batch story.. either way was told that was likely the issue. Still waiting to hear on trunk lid filling with water. I was able to show water inside the trunk seal near the striker and other parts so hopefully they figure that out