Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A few days in. Tesla driving is fun, isn’t it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Model 3 LR on Sunday. Love it, the driving experience is quite enthralling and very smooth. Build quality is absolutely fine, I came from a top spec Audi and am more than happy with the Tesla interior. I was genuinely concerned about this but those fears were misplaced.

On the days where I have no driving planned, I’m quite disappointed :) I’ve taken to volunteering to do the supermarket run, school run, anything run. Just because it’s fun. The novelty may wear off but in over 30 years of driving I can’t recall enjoying it so much.

Very glad that Tesla have introduced a car that I was able to afford, the S and X were way out of my price range. Equally glad that I made the leap of faith.

Picked my M3P+ up on Saturday, the car is absolutely perfect with no defects at all. For the last 10 years or so I've not owned a car with less than 6 cylinder and under 300hp from 350z, 370z, BMWm135I, BMWf80m3 and my last car which i PX BMWm140i. The model 3 is far more exciting and rewarding to own than any of these cars. Love waking up to a full tank every morning. Everyone I have shown the car to so far are blown away by it :)

I just went out for a 30 minute drive at lunchtime. Didn’t need to go anywhere. Went anyway. Is that wrong? :D

Why? To try out Autopilot for the first time (found it impressive on a motorway) and play with the music options a bit (Spotify and TuneIn both worked fine). Still have loads to learn. So that’s loads of excuses just to go for a drive then.

Picked up my Model 3 LR on Sunday. Love it, the driving experience is quite enthralling and very smooth. Build quality is absolutely fine, I came from a top spec Audi and am more than happy with the Tesla interior. I was genuinely concerned about this but those fears were misplaced.

On the days where I have no driving planned, I’m quite disappointed :) I’ve taken to volunteering to do the supermarket run, school run, anything run. Just because it’s fun. The novelty may wear off but in over 30 years of driving I can’t recall enjoying it so much.

Very glad that Tesla have introduced a car that I was able to afford, the S and X were way out of my price range. Equally glad that I made the leap of faith.

Fun is the right word. You can leave anything at the traffic lights with any version. Sound System is Epic. Netflix gets added overnight. The Regen on country roads creates a whole new art of driving which is just as rewarding as an ICE. I drove a new XC90 Diesel last night and it felt like I was starting a steam engine ! Every work day awakening I get a little buzz of excitement when I realise I will be driving my model 3 on my commute. Tesla have really stolen a march on the conventional manufacturers who look very fat and happy and out of touch, a Kodak moment coming for a lot of them I feel.

I just went out for a 30 minute drive at lunchtime. Didn’t need to go anywhere. Went anyway. Is that wrong? :D

Why? To try out Autopilot for the first time (found it impressive on a motorway) and play with the music options a bit (Spotify and TuneIn both worked fine). Still have loads to learn. So that’s loads of excuses just to go for a drive then.
i even offered to do any errands my hubs might have. Never did that in 5 decades of marriage. We are actually having role reversal! i'm the car person in the family. Always picked our cars. Have had Corvettes & MB since the '80's Husb has a 911. Hands down this is the most fun i have ever had with a car. Enjoy yours in the best of health!

Enjoy/fun is an understatement

You tell me what other car has friggin Netfix! I loved it watching a film this morning and charging at a Polar 50kw for no reason! (and having a MacD's breakfast! Its Friday why not :p )

ps - it was a scary film and it was dark and raining....made me jump :/
hmmm i never thought about Drive thru..new plan when i go to McD's..watch netflix!! great idea

Reactions: bjbrown and davidmc
Enjoy/fun is an understatement

You tell me what other car has friggin Netfix! I loved it watching a film this morning and charging at a Polar 50kw for no reason! (and having a MacD's breakfast! Its Friday why not :p )

ps - it was a scary film and it was dark and raining....made me jump :/
It is amazing but do you find the audio sync on Netflix is a mile out or is it just my car? It's the same on LTE and Wi-Fi

This takes a whole new meaning to drive thru movie!

I had to laugh when watching Netflix for the first time in the car and thinking of other cars not even having a screen!

The sound and seats are superior to my home TV, I actually think if I had a garage I'd consider watching a film in there!

Reactions: bjbrown and davidmc