Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A few news tidbits from a visit to the Menlo Park showroom

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 60 kWh is the sweet spot in terms of price and practicality anyway. Range similar to a Roadster and with Supercharger hardware now included, probably a worthwhile upgrade if it's affordable. The added range may open up a few trips you wouldn't have thought about with the 40 kWh pack too.

I know you are right. I was leaning towards cheaping out because we are buying another new car as well, but it probably doesn't make sense to get the small pack.

MikeK, Thanks for the additional info! Were you able to determine whether the current cup holders will accommodate standard 3" diameter water bottles? You mentioned on the Opportunity Console thread that you'd try to check that next time you stopped by a Tesla store. Thx.

Also, if they have a car with textile interior at the Palo Alto event would you mind checking to see if it has those kangaroo pockets on the front seats like the leather interior front seats do? Haven't gotten the answer to this elsewhere yet. Thx.

Please see my photo of the water bottle and cupholder here: Updates from Palo Alto: Panoramic Roof, Homelink, more

Also, I checked the textile interior on the Sunset Red car. It does not have pockets on the front of the seats.