TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

A few questions

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by NomoC8, Sep 18, 2013.

1. NomoC8

NomoC8 Member

I got my 2010 Roadster Sport 2.5 #994 about a month ago. I'm loving it! Just getting the HPWC installed today. I have a few questions/problems. It didn't come with a remote or manual for the Navi. Although I usually think car stereo remotes are kinda silly. But the head unit controls are more than arms length away and aren't yet intuitive to use without looking. I was thinking about getting a "thumber", a steering wheel mounted remote. These are universal and I need the OE remote to program it.

I was trying to make a call from the Navi, but my address book was greyed out. Anyone know why? Wasn't. Ecause I was in motion.

The tail light rubs on the trunk lid. The CPO manager said he was aware of it, but when I picked it up, it hadn't been corrected. The service manager at the Villa Park, IL tried to adjust things, but it still rubs. I know the cars are hand made, but it shouldn't do that. Anyone have this problem or know of a solution.

On the center console where the iPhone sits, it looks like something is missing. There is an exposed screw which has a square indentation around it. It looks like a cover should be over it.

2. jbadger

jbadger Roadster #506

It should have a rubber cover that looks like this.

IMG_0642.jpg

3. NomoC8

NomoC8 Member

I thought so.

4. NomoC8

NomoC8 Member

Anyone have problems with tail light rubbing trunk lid?

I'm having serious doubts about build quality. Headlights are fogging now. Cross brace for soft top broke. This morning, speedometer is WAY OFF; shows 10 mph while stopped!

The foam inside of soft top liner is crumbling and the passenger side leaks in the rain.

5. Jackyche

Jackyche Member

I guess that explains why your contacts are greyed out with the speedometer thing.

Leaky roofs is a well documented recurrent issue. Some people leave a small towel in the car while driving.

6. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

#6 wiztecy, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    -Enclosed headlights will fog, especially plastic enclosed ones that have a large surface area. Its only cosmetic and Tesla tried to address it with internal heaters.
    -If the cross brace for the top broke, I suspect someone really stressed it by bending it way to much. Its not made of rubber, its hardened plastic. I make sure to minimally bend mine. Second of all its a Lotus part, not Tesla.
    -Speedo can be fixed and recalibrate, Tesla can do it in a matter of minutes. IP needles needs to be reset.
    -Sounds like the top/car has been sitting in the sun allot hence why the foam is crumbing. I have a 2008 that I park outside and the top is perfect inside. I don't leave the Roadster sit in any scorching environment and I put a cover over the top/windows to minimize any UV / heat damage. Again, the top is Lotus not Tesla. As for the leak is it the seal or the waterproofing has been damaged on the top fabric from the sun? Both are minor and can easily be fixed and new door seals can be purchased and installed very easily. I've been through many windy hard rainstorms and not a drop of water has ever entered my cabin, only when I open the door do drops work their way in.
    -As for the trunk rubbing, adjust the grommets/trunk stoppers with a wrench and raise the trunk up so it doesn't hit your lights. Mine lightly touches the black molding of the rear lights. I don't have the extra rubber bumpers that Tesla put on the Roadsters after 2008, but I really don't even care if I have them. Its nothing major, only cosmetic and seen when the trunk is open and you really have to look for it. Again, if I was worried I'd adjust them!

Also it is a used car not a brand new one that was just pulled off the dealership floor. So you're under the mercy of how the previous owner treated it.

I've been very happy with my Roadster and feel it has excellent build quality.