Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A few questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi team. Just go the
Model 3 performance today with full self drive. Love it. A few questions

1) in self drive/full autopilot. When I double tap down the right stork it activates. But it immediately increases speed to the speed limit I’m in. For example. I’m in a 60. But I’m driving at 45 as it’s correct for the road conditions. Suddenly when activated it increases speed to the speed limit even when it’s approaching a wound about. How to I prevent this. The only other option I can see is current speed. But again when activated for example the cruise control also activates at let’s say 37 and sticks to it and doesn’t increase speeds for the road I’m on. How to I adjust all this.

2) can I assign different commands for the steering wheel buttons.

3) tyres pressures are 42 psi. Car was showing 22-28. So I adjusted them and I now can’t get rid of the alert it created and the yellow alert icon is still there. How do I clear the alerts once rectified.

Thanks. 👍

1. Consider only using FSD on a wide open freeway, not on any street that would have a roundabout until you get a VERY GOOD feel for what it will and much more importantly WILL NOT do. Any FSD questions should be asked in the forum for that specific function, which is here:

2.No

3. After driving a bit the car should read the new pressures automatically. Just keep driving and it should clear.

Reactions: chrstna4
1. Use the right scroll wheel to reduce speed or tap the speedometer to set your current speed. Bonus tip: tap the speed limit sign to set the speed limit (plus/minus the offset in your Autopilot settings).

2. You can't reconfigure the scroll wheels. Left wheel is always audio controls and right wheel is always speed/following controls with push for voice command. Sometimes the left wheel will change context, for example when setting mirror position.

3. Drive for a couple of miles. If that doesn't clear it, reset or store new pressures for the tire pressure monitoring in the service menu.

You can confirm lane changes with the right stalk? I always do it with the left (turn signal) stalk. Doing it this way, there isn't a conflict with speed limit matching.

I do too but, when I'm just engaging AP after entering the expressway, I use the right stalk to get that speed limit set and, invariably, NOA always wants to change lanes just as that happens. I don't let it change lanes without confirmation because it doesn't pay attention to rapidly approaching vehicles so, until I realized that the right stalk was giving it confirmation, I was both annoyed and concerned with it making lane changes without my approval.

Part of that is because I don't use an alert sound for lane change recommendations but I've also noted there's a slight lag between when it wants to start the lane change and when it actually displays the "request." Looking right at a clean screen, I've more than once, started the right stalk speed limit adjustment only to have the turn signal initiate and the lane change (authorized) display appear right after (rather than before).

• Informative
Reactions: MLXXXp