Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Few Quick Further P3D Driving Impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think I would regret getting awd instead of performance? Wife said if I drop autopilot (and possibly add down the road) I get the thumbs up on per gown every. Having driven it for a couple days now I’m curious on your opinion

Do you think I would regret getting awd instead of performance? Wife said if I drop autopilot (and possibly add down the road) I get the thumbs up on per gown every. Having driven it for a couple days now I’m curious on your opinion

P is probably incompatible with EAP anyway.

EAP algo drives in chill mode.

Go for the P.

Power is stellar.

Ride is very good ... about the same as 3LR with gen 2 suspension. Perhaps slightly more floaty, jiggly, even at 41 psi ... but, of course, that's with brand new tires/shocks.

@ForeverFree Tesla seems to have worked on suspension since the early Model 3 days last year. Did you notice any body roll when cornering with high power/acceleration on topanga canyon/Sepulveda ? And can you notice the difference in acceleration between Chill and Sport mode? Want to see if I can be in Chill mode when taking family and not make them dizzy :) Lastly after a week or so it will be great to understand the real range of P3D? Telsa/EPA still says 310, but do you really get any close to that range? Even if you get close to 275, Im willing to upgrade to P.

Just curious if youve driven a P85D? They do 0-60 in 3.2, so that is faster than a P3D if it only hits 3.5s

My P85D consistently does 3.5 to 4 seconds. I rarely ever get anything faster than that.
I’m using Power Tools to measure my time. See pics... Any chance you can run PowerTools on a few 0-60 runs?

1255B0E3-9523-41BC-BE12-0B70DCA00C67.png

upload_2018-7-22_21-11-5.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: PhaseWhite