Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A few things I think Tesla could have done better

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Daekwan and rjpjnk
The lack of cross-traffic and BSM in particular drives me crazy. They greatly increase the safety of a car, and have been available on sub-$20k cars for a while now. The car is supposed to be FSD capable but can't sense whether somebody is about to t-bone me in a parking lot?
The only thing that infuriates me more than the lack of cross-traffic monitoring and "true" blind-spot monitoring on my new 2021 Tesla.. is people defending it. I cant even count the number of Tesla owners I've ran into that say the car is already safe enough. Im more convinced than ever alot of people came from much older vehicles and have absolutely no clue the amount of of safety & technology thats included free on most $25K Hondas, Toyotas, Hyundais, Kias, Nissans, etc. It is incredibly disappointing to have gone from a $27K 2018 CRV to a $50K 2021 Model Y.. and lose those features.

Dont even get me started on CarPlay or a HUD.

Reactions: NewbieScoobie
I hear you. like I said, it sure takes the thrill out of delivery for me. My pickup date is 7/22 and I'm still 2nd guessing if I want to go through with it given the lack of basic tech features in the Model Y. I think it all comes down to there being no other choice.

The Model S and Model X don't have these features either do they? So it's not just that the MY is an entry-level vehicle with low trim level.