Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A few videos of my Model 3 kicking butt at the drag strip.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took my Model 3 Performance to the drag strip. I only had 2 losses out of 11 races (3 counting a red light). The 2 losses were by .018 and .18 seconds. Here are some videos. I might upload more later as well but they weren't as interesting. Did 13 runs total and took some friends out onto the street for a few pulls. Started with 97% charge and left at 72% charge. Best run was 11.592 @117mph. Full interior and floor mats.

This race was against my old Camaro. I had built it up to 473whp. The guy that bought it was cool enough to do a few races. He's on drag radials but it's his first time with it on the track. The first race my camera is on his car. The second race its on mine.

This race is against my friends supercharged mustang. He won't admit all the work done to it or it's true hp. He says it's something over 600hp. He's on drag radials and skinny fronts. He redlines a shift. It's a really close race the difference at the finish was .018.

Reactions: dfwatt
Were the times via time slips or Dragy? You should post up your best couple so we can see the data for 60', 1/8, etc. Curious how it compared to mine that ran 11.52 on Dragy and 11.55 according to the drag strip.

Were the times via time slips or Dragy? You should post up your best couple so we can see the data for 60', 1/8, etc. Curious how it compared to mine that ran 11.52 on Dragy and 11.55 according to the drag strip.
Time slips @ an NHRA sanctioned track.

Attachments

• 20191016_182505.jpg
    20191016_182505.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: MTSN
Here are a couple races against a Hellcat Charger. It's pretty obvious which is faster but I lose one due to a red light. The first race I thought I'd be in the right lane which is why my camera is facing the wrong way.

This race is against my friends supercharged mustang. He won't admit all the work done to it or it's true hp. He says it's something over 600hp. He's on drag radials and skinny fronts. He redlines a shift. It's a really close race the difference at the finish was .018.

Slightly off topic. Your mirrors were retracted at the start, but opened during the run. Do they automatically fold out at a particular speed?

Fun stuff and great trap speed - one of the highest I’ve seen.

I know my day is coming, but I have yet to be beaten to the finish line in 20+ drag strip runs in this car. It’s so easy and consistent. “Faster” cars need perfect runs to beat it.

It's funny too because the fact that it's an electric car gets in everyone's head. They get so nervous about losing to it they mess up. Especially when you get a good jump on them off of the line. That's what happened with the race against my friends supercharged mustang. He hit redline on one of the shifts. He only beat me by .018. But his next pass was a 10.99.