Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A freebie from Tesla! Wow so happy!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have experience the same thing when in for Tesla service. They have also addressed an issue that was unknown to me. They did this out of good will and there was no charge.

So there was an, unknown to you, issue with your car and they fixed it?

That's what service departments are supposed to do. People really are overwhelmed by the strangest things when it comes to Tesla.

What do you suppose would happen if they knew of an issue, didn't fix it, let you drive off with the vehicle, and then something happened as a result?

• Love
Reactions: GreenT and croman
Congrats to you! Don't let the others get you down. You aren't obligated to tell us what occurred.

It's enough to know that you were pleased with your service and that Tesla Service gave you a positive impression.
lol ha ha - Thanks! The comments - they are just that comments. My Model S makes me happy and so does the Tesla Service Team. Just thought I'd share my positive experience with Tesla.

Reactions: Joelc and JohnnyG
So I pick up today and not only was the camera issue fixed (replaced camera) - they gave me a major freebie that I'm scared to even mention out of concern that others will demand the same. I'm still shocked.

OPRAH WOULD BE DISAPPOINT AT YOUR STINGINESS.

tenor.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Don TLR and deonb
This past Friday, I took in my Model S for service for a camera issue. Problem: Camera screen would, on occasion, display with odd hue discoloration/display. I was expecting to pick up on same day as drop-off. Unfortunately, that was not the case. They provided me a loaner. Next day, still not ready.

So I pick up today and not only was the camera issue fixed (replaced camera) - they gave me a major freebie that I'm scared to even mention out of concern that others will demand the same. I'm still shocked.

Let's just say I'm very very happy and so is my wallet. =) Love my Model S and Tesla. Almost one year with my S and I still look forward to getting into my car every day for a drive.

Thank you Tesla team! Especially the Las Vegas team! Just wow!
Ohhhhh...I wonder if you got what I got!? Let's just say, the guy with the dark hair, HOOKED IT UP! And the girl with blonde hair, I had to tell her no more freebies, I only have two hands and can't carry them all! I love Las Vegas Tesla!! ;P

So there was an, unknown to you, issue with your car and they fixed it?

That's what service departments are supposed to do. People really are overwhelmed by the strangest things when it comes to Tesla.

What do you suppose would happen if they knew of an issue, didn't fix it, let you drive off with the vehicle, and then something happened as a result?
I think tesla service should be applauded for fixing something an owner did not request which demonstrates the extra 10%. With my 15 new ICE purchases over the years from many manufacturers, I felt good if they fixed what I asked usually reporting could not duplicate and within factory tolerance.

Reactions: Chaz and RScottyL
I think tesla service should be applauded for fixing something an owner did not request which demonstrates the extra 10%. With my 15 new ICE purchases over the years from many manufacturers, I felt good if they fixed what I asked usually reporting could not duplicate and within factory tolerance.

No, no, no. This is not how repairs work. If they see something is broken they are obligated to fix it.

Is everyone here trading up from cars bought at the local salvage yard with no warranty?!

Reactions: madtorque
It is another issue, but I forgot about the uncorking. I took my Tesla in to have the headlights raised up a little. While I was there they asked me if I wanted to have my performance improved with the 0-60 times going from 6.1 to 4.9. I said sure and they did it for free. All happened while I was having a free coffee in the waiting room.

My point is that I have found service to be friendly, professional, engaged and working hard to make the service experience as good as possible. They seem to go the extra mile to get the cars back on the road as quickly and efficiently as possible. Like all service, they sometimes need to wait for parts, or have to charge for issues the owners hoped might be done for free, but overall, my experiences have been very positive.

Reactions: Sean Wagner
No, no, no. This is not how repairs work. If they see something is broken they are obligated to fix it.

Is everyone here trading up from cars bought at the local salvage yard with no warranty?!
That has not been my experience with new car purchases and problems over 30 years. Multiple TSB and recalls included, so I respectfully disagree and second Umcle Paul.

Reactions: Chaz
It is another issue, but I forgot about the uncorking. I took my Tesla in to have the headlights raised up a little. While I was there they asked me if I wanted to have my performance improved with the 0-60 times going from 6.1 to 4.9. I said sure and they did it for free. All happened while I was having a free coffee in the waiting room.

My point is that I have found service to be friendly, professional, engaged and working hard to make the service experience as good as possible. They seem to go the extra mile to get the cars back on the road as quickly and efficiently as possible. Like all service, they sometimes need to wait for parts, or have to charge for issues the owners hoped might be done for free, but overall, my experiences have been very positive.
Paul, I take it your Model S is a 75D?