Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

a good cleaning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dark cloud

Apr 14, 2018
BC
Anyone as particular as me about the cleanliness of the front end of their Model S? This is not a 2 year lease for me, I plan on keeping this car for a long time :) When I first bought it I noticed there are a few flat spots above the front wheel, in front of the strut where a good few ounces of muck likes to collect. I sprayed this out first time I washed it but I have found a few other spots where debris likes to hide. I know much of the car is aluminum, which doesn't rust like steel, but aluminum still does rust/corrode under various conditions. Regardless, the A arms are steel, and in general it is never a bad idea to remove mud, dirt and grime away from anything; I probably removed half a pound of muck in total.

This is the backside of the fender felt cover:
IMG_0367.JPG

This is the area behind the steering power steering; service spraying sticky goop over the recalled bolts probably didn't help. Anyone know the purpose of the diaper on the bottom shrowd?
IMG_0369.JPG

After a little elbow grease:

IMG_0379.JPG

Pull the rubber cover over the upper A arm and see the mud! (already soaped it up before shooting picture....)
IMG_0374.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

After
IMG_0378.JPG

And Abominable is clean!
IMG_0381.JPG

Last edited: