Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Good Service Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A positive service story to share.

Brought my late 2015 Model S in for service on June 30 (day before the holiday) to fix the driver's side seat adjustment motor, which had recently croaked.

I had made the appointment in early June. The service center had initially wanted to give me a slot in August, but when I explained that with the seat stuck where it was, my wife couldn't reach the pedals, so basically she coudn't drive the car, they managed to fit me in sooner. Given the long wait times other members have reported, I was actually quite pleased with this result.

Brought the car in first thing in the morning to beat the wave of trucks that routinely jam up the road, but by 9:45 I was a bit late to the game, as the horror show that is Chai Wan Kok St was already in full swing. Only had to twiddle my thumbs for 15 mins or so to move the 50m necessary to park in front of the service center. Left the car with a very nice fellow named Golf Chan and went on my way.

After the weekend, he called me back, told me the motor in the seat was shot but they could fix it by end of the week. Two days later and two days ahead of schedule, it was fixed. Had they not had the parts in stock, it would have no doubt taken considerably longer to sort, so the fact that my experience went so smoothly could really just be down to the fact that they had the spare parts handy.

In any case, the real star of the show was my service advisor, Golf, who truly was excellent. Professional, friendly, good communicator, gave me timely updates, and beat his own estimate on the fix by two days. Managed expectations solidly from start to finish, which led to me having positive customer service experience overall.

I know that there are members of our community who have had considerably less pleasant experiences -- so I just wanted to throw this good one out there, to give people some reassurance that not all Tesla service appointments are painful. Some go quite smoothly indeed.

The most painful part of the whole experience was driving away, as it took another 15-20 minutes for the abominable conditions on Chai Wan Kok St to clear in order for me to bust outta there.

Seriously, if I were Tesla, I would be right up the ass of TML Tower bldg mgmt, to get them to open up their service alley (the one immediately adjacent to the building), so that customers picking up their cars can just duck thru the side and get out onto Castle Peak Road without having to wait an eternity.

First world problems, I know.

But on a positive note, Golf did tell me that when the new service center opens next month, it's going to be just down the street, with apparently much better access, so getting in and out for service appointments should be much easier for everyone. Let's hope so!

I also got my car in for servicing recently, although I got my car back few days after the "expected date of completion", all issues got fixed in that single visit, I am totally satisfied

Golf did tell me that when the new service center opens next month, it's going to be just down the street, with apparently much better access
My car was serviced here according to the location shown on the iphone app: Google 地圖
Not sure if this is the second service centre or an extension of the existing one