Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Hyundai Elantra is safer than my X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon,

It's time my friend. Time to deliver on your usual late promises. I had a deep faith when dropped 120k on a car I ordered and waited months for. Every single day of those months spent on these boards teeming with excitement. I learned, explored and gathered all the info I could to finally be able to drive the safest car in the world. I spent my hard earned money on a depreciating asset because I felt it was the right choice for my family.

"Mid December" came and went - almost a month ago. I have 8 cameras and however many sensors, yet without my braking I'm doomed. The guy next to me on the freeway - The one in the Hyundai Elantra that costs 17k - he's safer than me from a driving standpoint. Ya, my car will crumple better in an impact, but I don't want to impact, which is why I bought this this thing. He has blind spot detection, Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane Keep assist, cross traffic alerts... While I have nothing.

Your guys working 7 days a week? Make it 8.
You wanna get to level 5? Focus on level 1.

You duped us dude, no matter how you cut it. Ya you didn't "promise" anything in writing, but you threw out some pretty pointed time lines which influenced my purchase. At my job, 3 weeks is 2.5, not 8. If I miss my deadlines I'm unemployed.

It's time Elon, time to make my car safer than a 17k Hyundai Elantra

And quit ignoring the ghosting issue while you guys are at it..

Elon,

It's time my friend. Time to deliver on your usual late promises. I had a deep faith when dropped 120k on a car I ordered and waited months for. Every single day of those months spent on these boards teeming with excitement. I learned, explored and gathered all the info I could to finally be able to drive the safest car in the world. I spent my hard earned money on a depreciating asset because I felt it was the right choice for my family.

"Mid December" came and went - almost a month ago. I have 8 cameras and however many sensors, yet without my braking I'm doomed. The guy next to me on the freeway - The one in the Hyundai Elantra that costs 17k - he's safer than me from a driving standpoint. Ya, my car will crumple better in an impact, but I don't want to impact, which is why I bought this this thing. He has blind spot detection, Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane Keep assist, cross traffic alerts... While I have nothing.

Your guys working 7 days a week? Make it 8.
You wanna get to level 5? Focus on level 1.

You duped us dude, no matter how you cut it. Ya you didn't "promise" anything in writing, but you threw out some pretty pointed time lines which influenced my purchase. At my job, 3 weeks is 2.5, not 8. If I miss my deadlines I'm unemployed.

It's time Elon, time to make my car safer than a 17k Hyundai Elantra

And quit ignoring the ghosting issue while you guys are at it..

Good note to Elon I'd say, not sure will make it. But you'll get blindspot soon, but it isn't really that useful. You'll just see on the IC white callouts from the toy car on the display in back area, nothing great, nothing actually on mirror. For blind spot, you'll always still need to actively know what is coming up on you or actually look - imagine that. I would anyways all the time.

You will also get side collision though, which the Hyundai will not support yet I'm sure. I've had it happen maybe 2 times in a couple years, bit jarring but assume it helped. Someone obviously was veering into me or way to close and car detected side collision may be possible, and it actually alerted and pulled away from that car itself some (assuming it checks the other side sensors). Hopefully this gets better to on your new AP2 hardware car.

Reactions: Dj B
"It's time my friend. Time to deliver on your usual late promises."

Oh rly?

"I had a deep faith when dropped 120k on a car I ordered and waited months for."

Your faith shattered. You will rebuild.

"Every single day of those months spent on these boards teeming with excitement."

Maybe you should use your time in more productive ways?

"I learned, explored and gathered all the info I could to finally be able to drive the safest car in the world."

A for effort.

"I spent my hard earned money on a depreciating asset because I felt it was the right choice for my family."

If it was hard to earn $120K maybe this car isn't for you. As for your family leadership skilz...

"I have 8 cameras and however many sensors, yet without my braking I'm doomed."

Doomed without automatic braking? Must suck to be you.

"The guy next to me on the freeway - The one in the Hyundai Elantra that costs 17k - he's safer than me from a driving standpoint. Ya, my car will crumple better in an impact, but I don't want to impact, which is why I bought this this thing."

I don't want to impact either. Impacting is not fun. Maybe you need a disempaction and you will feel more relaxed.

"He has blind spot detection, Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane Keep assist, cross traffic alerts... While I have nothing."

NOTHING! YOU GET NOTHING! AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!

"Your guys working 7 days a week? Make it 8."

Damn bro you intense. Like next level sh...

"You wanna get to level 5? Focus on level 1."

BURN! Can you feel the heat Elon?

"You duped us dude, no matter how you cut it. Ya you didn't "promise" anything in writing, but you threw out some pretty pointed time lines which influenced my purchase."

This is such a touching coming of age story. It is so hard to watch a child lose his innocence. Where's my hankie?

"At my job, 3 weeks is 2.5, not 8. If I miss my deadlines I'm unemployed."

I'm sorry you work for the man. Both Elon and I are glad we are not you.

"It's time Elon, time to make my car safer than a 17k Hyundai Elantra"

I'm sure Elon will get right on it now that you point out just how cray cray it is that those Hyundais got us whipped!

Since you are so enamored by that Hyundai, why don't you just lease one for $125 a month? You can keep that death trap of a Model X in the garage until it's at least as good as the car you are comparing it against.

However, I'm gonna call BS on your whining about timelines. An AP1 Tesla will beat that Hyundai on the "automation" features. You going to make that trade with an AP1 owner? I didn't think so.

You have side mirrors, you have rear mirrors, you have brakes, you have seat belts, and you have turn signals. You even have backup cameras and parking sensors which sure would have been damn nice. I'm in awe and disbelief I managed to survive driving for over 20 years without Elon Musk!

If you can't figure out how to make the vehicle work safely, contact local driving schools and they will teach you how to use everything I outlined above.

Not sure what kind of work you do, but with how bad a$$ you are, I think automotive artificial intelligence is a great career move for you. You just need to open up Google, read a few books and the library, and you go show those slackers at Tesla HOW ITS DONE SON.

No automation tool _today_ is going to beat any attentive human. Putting your hopes, dreams, and the very lives of your family on Elon Musk time is a bit irresponsible on your part.

Last edited:
Let me see...road trip with 6 family members...Hyundai Elantra or Model X? Which do I take? Decisions should never be this hard! Honestly dude if you have a head-on with an Elantra I don't think the bump will be enough to get your kids in the 3rd row to look up from their iPads.

I ordered my MX in march, it was produced in july and delivered to me in Switzerland at the end of September. One month later Elon announces that now all cars have 8 cameras and will be at one time Level 5, but they are not able to upgrade my car. :(

So, am I upset? :rolleyes: No, because like you I spent a lot of unproductive time on those boards and I learned how Elon and Tesla is working.

But if you wan't I'm sure you will find somebody with AP1 who will change cars with you......
(I would, but I'm living on an other continent...;))

But I know that sometimes it's good to vent your anger. But on this forum I wouldn't recommend it.

Besides:
Al those warnings are nice to have but not always helpful. E.g.: I see a car parked half on the side of the street and I'm shure I can pass it going a little bit over the middle line, but the Alarm beebs, my wife not seeing exactly why crys out :eek:: Why are you driving so irresponsible (Not the exact wording...) After a holyday with all those alarms it's clear for her what an awful driver I am....:oops: