Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A joke, or just plain incompetence?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A year ago, I signed up for what I thought looked like a nice car, to be delivered - "in about a year". Now it has gone a year, and tguess what the new estimate for when the delivery might take place?

Well, if you guessed; "in about a year" you guessed right.
You can get your deposit returned.

A year ago, I signed up for what I thought looked like a nice car, to be delivered - "in about a year". Now it has gone a year, and tguess what the new estimate for when the delivery might take place?

Well, if you guessed; "in about a year" you guessed right.
Only a year ago? You're not even in the majority of folks that have been waiting.

Hmm well, thanks for the replys!
Personally I have a liking for people/businesses who stick to what they claim. So I guess that will rule out Elon and Tesla. (Even if they might eventually be able to deliver me a fantastic m3 some time in the near or distant future. I am sure the loss will be all mine).

Where did you place your deposit? Tesla was clear that the wait period was more than a year when you reserved, unless you're already a Tesla owner. And I'm not sure when they moved up target deliveries, but originally it was further out than it is now.

Just curious as to why you believed you'd have your Model 3 in a year.

We can deduce from the delivery estimation Hell is a LHD country though?

Attachments

• Aint a bad place to be.JPG
    Aint a bad place to be.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Informative
Reactions: jbcarioca
For what it is worth - seems things are starting to pick up pace.

I am a day one reservation holder and Model S owner. I was invited to configure Jan 4th. Placed an order for the Model 3 on Jan 8th as a gift for my Mother in Florida (I live in CT). Was told 4 weeks. Got the VIN on Tuesday the 16th and am now being told car will be delivered in Florida on the 23rd. Bought my family flights to FL and and scheduled for pick up on the 27th. Can't wait to surprise my mother with a new Model 3!!

For those of us late to the party, we wish the wait was only going to be another year. But that's okay - when it's ready, it's ready, whenever that will be. We're more pick-up truck people anyway, so when you consider that will take however many years that will take, what's another year?

It's all in how you look at it. It's not like there's any real competition now, nor likely to be any time soon anyway. Not that we're biased.

Reactions: SteveG3