Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A la carte auto driving choices

ice611

Apr 26, 2021
Florida
I wish tesla allowed you to pick and choose certain FSD options instead of buying the whole package. For example only ordering auto summon or auto park, especially since paying $10,000 for a beta version is ridiculous at this point.

MP3Mike

Feb 1, 2016
Oregon
How would you want those things priced?

Something like this?
  • Automatic lane changes: $1,500
  • Summon/Autopark: $1,500
  • Navigate on Autopilot: $3,500
  • FSD: $5,000

73Bruin

Nov 7, 2020
Torrance, CA
I was told by two other owners that it wasn't available in early 2020 when they got their MS and M3 respectively, but that they got emails after their purchase offering the EAP. I was hoping to get the same offer, and turned down FSD for $8000. I am hope I don't become more sorry.

Fourdoor

May 31, 2016
North East Arkansas
I wish tesla allowed you to pick and choose certain FSD options instead of buying the whole package. For example only ordering auto summon or auto park, especially since paying $10,000 for a beta version is ridiculous at this point.
The most infuriating thing about FSD for me is the inflation of the price on used Tesla's. Any used Tesla sold BY Tesla has FSD turned on... so a used 2020 model 3 with the options I want (plus FSD which I do not want) cost the same as a new 2021 Model 3 with the options I want that does not have FSD. Since a used 3 wasn't really an option I chose to order a new Y instead. My wife still doesn't understand why I didn't "save money" by getting a used Tesla, she thinks I am just being spoiled wanting a brand new one.

Keith

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC