Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A la carte auto driving choices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told by two other owners that it wasn't available in early 2020 when they got their MS and M3 respectively, but that they got emails after their purchase offering the EAP. I was hoping to get the same offer, and turned down FSD for $8000. I am hope I don't become more sorry.

I wish tesla allowed you to pick and choose certain FSD options instead of buying the whole package. For example only ordering auto summon or auto park, especially since paying $10,000 for a beta version is ridiculous at this point.
The most infuriating thing about FSD for me is the inflation of the price on used Tesla's. Any used Tesla sold BY Tesla has FSD turned on... so a used 2020 model 3 with the options I want (plus FSD which I do not want) cost the same as a new 2021 Model 3 with the options I want that does not have FSD. Since a used 3 wasn't really an option I chose to order a new Y instead. My wife still doesn't understand why I didn't "save money" by getting a used Tesla, she thinks I am just being spoiled wanting a brand new one.

Keith