Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A little buyers remorse for FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given I have AP 2.0 it is looking more and more like all the updates like navigate on autopilot without confirmation, stop light, etc are only coming out to those with 2.5. I was hoping they AP 2.0 would see similar development before the 3.0 computer is swapped out but that appears not to be the case. I am not optimistic I will see a new computer in the next 12 months so I worry it may not have been a wise spend. Anyone else feeling the same way?

If it was the recent $2K price then it's a wise spend.

I don't see any reason why you wouldn't get ULC. It's a promised feature for EAP, and you have EAP (or AP+FSD which also means you have it).

I'm also not aware of any current version having ULC. I would assume 2019.9 has it, but I haven't seen any confirmation or any reports on how well it works. That version is for early access people.

As to stop light detection I haven't seen any reports of it working.

The only thing I know you'll miss out on is Sentry Mode, and Dashcam. At least until the computer swap, and it's anyone's guess on when that will happen.

That would be great news. I still do not even have Dog mode or any updates that start with 2019

Hardly anyone with AP2 has them.

Tesla hasn't done a wide release of 2019 for AP2.

I'm not sure why. I guess they're just prioritizing Sentry Mode updates, and related updates. In any case Tesla needs to hurry up to get a 2019 release to AP2 owners because it's been awhile.

I have AP2 with 2019.8.2. I got the update a few days after ouchasing FSD if that helps.

Just wondering where the info for this thread is coming from. My expectation is that AP 2 will have the same functional rollout as 2.5 and have not seen anything that would state otherwise.

Reactions: Verranzo