Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A little frustrated... I need to vent...is this normal???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha. It couldn't be that they're understaffed and overworked. Maybe you ought to offer your time to work their phones (some of those phone staffers actually do this) so you could show them how to do it.

I don't do phone calls -- However, I would gladly offer my services to build them a Web site so customers can see the condition of the cars with actual photos of the car rather than having to make individual phone calls to inquire about each car like it was 1980 :p

I'll even throw in a field in the database where they can type the address of where the car is located so a customer can, you know, show up and take look at the car :rolleyes:

Best of all, I'll also add a little pull down menu to specify the condition of each car. The options would be:
  • Excellent: Used car similar in condition to what you'd see at any other premium car dealer.
  • Good: Light scratches and blemishes.
  • Acceptable: Moderate scratches with dented or damaged panels.
  • Poor: Junkyard special. Buy a car as unique and damaged as you are! :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: neroden and Nick B
I don't do phone calls -- However, I would gladly offer my services to build them a Web site so customers can see the condition of the cars with actual photos of the car rather than having to make individual phone calls to inquire about each car like it was 1980 :p

I'll even throw in a field in the database where they can type the address of where the car is located so a customer can, you know, show up and take look at the car :rolleyes:

Best of all, I'll also add a little pull down menu to specify the condition of each car. The options would be:
  • Excellent: Used car similar in condition to what you'd see at any other premium car dealer.
  • Good: Light scratches and blemishes.
  • Acceptable: Moderate scratches with dented or damaged panels.
  • Poor: Junkyard special. Buy a car as unique and damaged as you are! :eek:

This is exactly what I'm saying. But I guess that a company like Tesla, who has provided us with that wonderful 17 inch touchscreen and who has pretty much create the autopilot has a hard time designing a web page!

Reactions: neroden
This is exactly what I'm saying. But I guess that a company like Tesla, who has provided us with that wonderful 17 inch touchscreen and who has pretty much create the autopilot has a hard time designing a web page!
I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but it is a great tool to shop around for a new/CPO Tesla - and it was created and maintained by a customer (@DÆrik), assuming you haven't already seen it.... Good luck and I hope you get the car you've been hoping for! :)

Tesla Inventory Search

Reactions: Nick B
As someone who just bought used from Tesla, I noticed the only way to let them know you're interested is with your $2500 deposit, which is refundable for a certain period of time. I got a call next day when I made the payment.

$2500 deposit, which is refundable for a certain period of time. I got a call next day when I made the payment.

You're still gambling here though. While most stories I hear result in people who find trashed used cars getting their $$ back, technically Tesla doesn't HAVE to give it back; the language when you click "buy" says they will roll it over into another car, but does not require them to return it.

According to what they told me (and from past experience) it's not refundable. They might allow you to buy another used car but with a total of 9 cars available here in Canada and the fact that I have to fly to wherever the car is to pick it up, I'm not willing to take the risk.