Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A little frustrated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my M3 on 5/18, it was built on 6/10 and I scheduled delivery for 6/16. The day before my delivery I received a call stating that my car has been delayed in transit. It was delayed by 2 days and my new delivery date was 6/18. No big deal, just 2 days. Keep in mind my loan has been funded (so I'm already paying interest) and my insurance has started on 6/18. The day of delivery, 4 hours before my delivery appointment, I receive another call stating that my car has arrived but unfortunately it has a crack in the windshield. They rescheduled my delivery, once again, for this coming Wednesday. On Friday, I decided to stop by Tesla on the way back from work and see my new car. Well I found it in the back and it already has the windshield replaced. I can tell by how clean it is compared to the rest of the car and by the tape on top. I got excited and decided to call Tesla Saturday morning and asked if I could pick it up that day. They told me they would get back to me, but they did not so I called again. The same person answered and she said that she spoke with the service manager and was told that the car needs to go through a final inspection and won't be ready until Monday afternoon. Well I work on Monday afternoon so we rescheduled the delivery appointment for Tuesday morning. Oh and I'm also without a car for the past week and they are refusing to give me a loaner car. What would you do if you were in my shoes? Ask for some sort of compensation?

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
I'm sorry to hear your experience. I don't think they will provide any compensation for it. I ordered a model y and returned it due to quality issues. Out of the 5 days of ownership, it spent at service center for 4 days (including weekends). They won't extend return policy. At the end they still didn't fix the issues. I ended up returning the car. What I wanted to say is, be prepared to spend your time out of work if you plan to own Tesla. If the car is not perfect or has problems, it will need multiple trips to the service center.

This is typical. My delivery experience was far more difficult. There are some good people that work at the delivery centers, but most are very inexperienced and tasked with doing a lot. Just try to bear with it, the car is 100% worth it.

The good news is that you won’t likely have to go back to the delivery/service center again for a long time.

My car literally flooded on the drive home from the dealership last week, and they've done nothing for me in terms of compensation. I'd be surprised if they did anything for you in this situation. Proof
Yup. This happened on mine. Took 6 months of telling them before they fixed it. I threatened a lemon so they bought it back.

Good luck to you. The JD power thing is no joke. My car had 10 non visible defects that developed from delivery over the 1st month.

the manufacturing just isn’t there yet. I won’t buy another til they open a new factory.

yeah bummer. It is hit or miss. I did not have that issue when buying my car, but man I would be pissed if it did. All honestly I would've return the vehicle just out of principle and place another later if I was in your position. Not being like a dealership doesn't give them the right to screw you out of a week of car without any kind of compensation when it is definitely not your fault. Given how expensive everything is for tesla (insurance, registration, loan, etc) the cost can be high if calculated per day.

Don’t be afraid to reject the car if you are not happy with it’s condition. Who knows if they installed the replacement windshield correctly. As for your loan, I would see if you can work something out. You should never send Tesla any money until you accept delivery on the car. Unfortunately your situation happens all the time.