Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A loose dog bit my model 3. Where to find the right red paint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking closer at the photo it's even starting to strip the paint off around the edge of the wheel arch... you definitely want to do something about that immediately... I assume the other marks are just water mixed with sand - if not the entire paint finish looks like it's screwed!

Good luck!!!

I’m going to guess it’s just a mixture of dirt and debris.

Hopefully the 0-60’s haven’t thrown too much dirt into the paint.

The car looked like it came with mudflaps (in the boot). They might be simple extensions or hopefully rear flaps.

I’ll get them on ASAP and see about this PPF. After getting this damage repaired...

I’m going to guess it’s just a mixture of dirt and debris.

Hopefully the 0-60’s haven’t thrown too much dirt into the paint.

The car looked like it came with mudflaps (in the boot). They might be simple extensions or hopefully rear flaps.

I’ll get them on ASAP and see about this PPF. After getting this damage repaired...

There apparently only extensions for the front mud flaps... which I find a bit weird since they're just asking to be ripped off by a speed bump if installed...

• Informative
Reactions: OneTinyFish
Genuinely I’m not sure whether to cry then laugh, just cry, or cry and then cry at this :eek: I’ve had dogs scrape paintwork by jumping up at the window but never seen one try to eat a bumper before ....

And now you have!

upload_2020-10-4_21-18-2.png

We've been in contact, they've got the dashcam footage and seen the car.

I would have thought you were pulling a leg had I not seen the video! I am truly amazed at 1) the dog's willingness to chase down a car, 2) the damage it actually did, with a bite?!

Perhaps he assumed you were a postman?

So bizarre.

Tips when using an independent paintshop;

* Check oven temperatures with them. This shop did 30C and dry air but it took longer to cure. Don’t let them go to 100C+

* Show them how to open the doors from the inside. I have dozens of warnings about the emergency pull release.

Reactions: JS77