TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

A lot of question about Model X???

Discussion in 'Model X' started by rs4, Apr 5, 2012.

1. rs4

rs4 Member

Have some question about Tesla Model X

The difference
    What is the difference between the Tesla Model X Signature and regular Tesla Model X? There is more equipment on the Signature, but what?

Sports
    How is the acceleration? 0-100 km/h is okay, but how it is if you 50-100, 0-100-30-100km/h up and down and up again? Thinking of fits and starts, or inertia in the system?

Chassis
    Adjustable - height and stiffness
    Tires and rims possibly switch to other brands / sizes
    Brake as 100km / h 0km / h
    How is the frame & sports performance in relation the Tesla Roadster and the BMW M5, or other sports cars.

Smart app to your mobile
    Can a div control in a car and turn on the heat from your mobile phone as a winter morning, and get the car warm inside (as Webasto)?
    Which app `is it that can be used / connected to the car?

Battery
    How long is this? How many km before needing replacement this out?
    Substitution and price again?
    Will there be new and better battery that can be used in this car, later?

Entertainment?
    Multimedia system and sound?
    Connectivity to external hdd?
    Playing dvd / bluray / MKV files?
    Television & sound in back seat?
    Which way to connect to the internet?

Maintenance
    What is to be maintained? It is equivalent to regular gasoline car is fine. Thinking more on the battery / electric?
    And what will it cost? I am afraid of the costs such as Ferrari (Ferrari only see a workshop then it’s expensive).

Extended warranty
    What is this - We offer extended warranty on the car. (fee) - And what is included?
    And what are Extensions?

What is the difference here, thinking of Performance? And what is the price difference?
    Model X rear Wheel Drive - Rear wheel drive only
    Model X with Dual Engine All-Wheel Drive - 4 WD
    Model X Performance with Dual Engine All-Wheel Drive

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

All of this is speculative right now. Tesla has only shown the prototype. You can infer a lot of the answers by looking at the Model S, but again, none of the information you're asking for has been announced.

3. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

+1 :cool:

4. felixtb

felixtb RsEU502,Sp+14274,XpEUSig4

Yes you will probably have to wait at least another year before there is any real specifications coming out for the Model X. Until then you can read all the speculative posts in these forums and either become an ardent wisher or just a listener and occasional commenter as most of us....... :)

5. rs4

rs4 Member

6. bonnie

You can get more information on the OVMS thread here, developed by TMC forum members.

While much of the Model X may be in line with Model S, there is nothing definitive. If you're happy with just assuming the same, check out the Tesla Model S page.

7. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

Nobody knows. However, judging by Model S, the Signature will have very little that is unique -- probably a unique paint color and a unique interior -- it will have fewer choices, and it will carry a premium of several thousand dollars. On the Signature, you're basically paying to get it early. Don't expect anything else.

8. rs4

rs4 Member

I am in USA(Houston) around 11-24 june. I think I will visit Tesla Houston, perhaps they will have something nice to look at?

9. rs4

rs4 Member

What about these things? Some good answers? On Tesla Model "X" & "S"

Battery time
    - What guarantees?
    - How far can one go after 100.000km(about 62 137.1192 miles)? Still 480km range(about 298.258172 miles)?
    - What has been measured that one can have a mileage of 480km(about 298.258172 miles)? Is it with 90km/h(about 55 miles/h) and with 2 people with luggage? Total weight 3-400kg???
    - How easy is it to change out / upgrade battery?

Equipment wishes
    - Night vision alla BMW 2012
    - Head up display installation BMW 2012
    - Better sound and more power alla Harman Kardon / Bose / Bang Olufsen
    - "Auto brake safety system" alla Volvo City Safety
    - Memory settings on seats & mirrors
    - SideView and backView Camera Review all around the car

Are there any answer / solution on this already?

I was in Houston Galleria Mall(2 weeks ago), and looked at Tesla Model S, I would say this looks very very good, and looking forward to Model X(I think I will go for Model X, and skip Model S).
    My opinion with Model S and claiming "in & out" of back seat, was little bit tight = going for Model X.

10. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

There are a number of threads abut wishlists and battery life after time. Might be better to include these questions in those threads.

11. bonnie

rs4, you started a thread with questions about the X earlier this year A lot of question about Model X???.

I'll ask a mod for this forum to move these posts over to the thread you've already posted.

12. rs4

rs4 Member

Yes, I could try to do that. But could not find any, in my little world(I was in hurry, but I will try better to day and try to fix this). But I was thinking about both car`s, and are there any tread about this?

Yes that was right, I did. But I was thinking about both car`s, and are there any tread about this? But I can do it my self :)

13. bonnie

I know you want more info on Model X, but it is still speculative. There are no answers to give you yet.

14. AH-HA

AH-HA Member

If the Roadster was known as Darkstar and Model S as Whitestar, what is Model X?

15. WarpedOne

WarpedOne Supreme Premier

16. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Tesla's sedan went through several iterations with some significant changes. So my understanding is at some point the code name changed from Whitestar to Model S since it was essentially a different car. Model S sounds like a simple project name, doesn't it? S stands for sedan. As explained to me by Franz, when it became time to come up with an actual name, they kinda felt like Model S had stuck and they had grown to like it, so they went with that.

My guess is Model X has always been Model X, without a separate code/project name.

17. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Great Radiohead song too.

18. Saxena

Saxena Member

I have a question regarding the regenerative braking... Will it also have a 'coasting' feature so that the car doesn't slow down when you remove your foot from the accelerator? Seems like there would be many times when you are going downhill that you wouldn't want to keep your foot on the accelerator but you also wouldn't want the car to start to slow down. Maybe I'm not understanding the regerative braking correctly??

19. bonnie

Saxena, you are probably best served to explore the Model S threads right now. There is no information on the Model X because, well, they only built the one prototype. But it would be safe to assume that much will be similar to the Model S.

The Model S has adjustable regenerative braking.

20. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

Saxena,

Tesla Roadster and Model S both implement no coasting. The regenerative braking is always there, with the exclusion if the battery is too full or too cold to accept the generated charge.

The new thing with driving electric is that you can use cruise control to set a constant speed going downhill. In contrast to most ICE cruise control systems, managing the accelerator pedal allows to decelerate a Tesla, too. If that solves your desire, no coasting is needed.