Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Love Story: Model 3 is so good, monster truck drivers want to finger it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my opinion, AP caused this issue. It has happened to me, AP brakes too aggressively and leaves too big of a gap. The truck behind could see the car in front of you and wasn't expecting you to brake so hard and then accelerate so slowly...not in character with the way 95% of the people drive in that area. He thought one of two things....you shouldn't be in the fast lane driving like that or you thought he was tailgating and you brake checked him. Either way, an AP fail. Between AP and all the Teslas out there testing blind spot detection on the freeway, we're spreading a lot of Tesla goodwill....

Reactions: TrumpetTitan
Since we're talking about rules commonly broken that OP didn't even come close to breaking, what's the deal with roundabouts? Why is it that every time I go round one to effectively make a left turn, someone will just blast right in, not yielding?

Although it doesn't justify his reaction, I'll be the dissenting opinion here.

I know it isn't common in Cali but the left lane is for passing, not cruising at a speed slower than lanes to your right. You literally had 6 people pass you in the lane immediately to your right, and 15-20 pass you in all lanes to your right in the minute of your video. If you want to drive leisurely (which is great, btw) then please move out of the passing lane.
Lol I guess you never drive in any sort of “traffic”. Where I’m at it don’t matter what lane you are in people will always be trying to pass you. Do you suggest I swerve around from lane to lane? In the video the car in front was obviously going slower, is that the fault of the OP? Idiots like monster truck driver always seem to think their “hurry” trumps other people’s safety and they think it’s ok to act like idiots. Watch the video again and observe how fast the truck driver comes up on the OP’s bumper. Not necessary and frankly reckless. OP didn’t do anything wrong except have the audacity to be in front of the Raptor and that guy with the small penis was obviously compensating.

In Texas
Aggressive Drivers

Aggressive Drivers
  1. Home
  2. Driver
  3. Share the Road
If you've ever been passed on the wrong side, tailgated, cut off or hemmed in by another vehicle, you've been the victim of an aggressive driver. Drivers may be fined up to $200 for each moving violation associated with aggressive driving and could spend time in jail.

Avoid Becoming an Aggressive Driver

• Keep your emotions in check. Don't take your frustrations out on other drivers.
  • Plan ahead and allow enough time for delays.
  • Focus on your own driving. Yelling, pounding on the steering wheel and honking your horn won't make traffic move any faster.
How to Avoid Danger

First, be a cautious, considerate driver. Avoid creating a situation that may provoke another motorist.

• Don't tailgate or flash your lights at another driver.
  • If you're in the left lane and someone wants to pass, move over and let the driver pass you.
  • Use your horn sparingly.
Second, if you do encounter an angry driver, don't make matters worse by triggering a confrontation.

• Avoid eye contact.
  • Steer clear and give angry drivers plenty of room.
  • Don't make inappropriate hand or facial gestures.
  • If you're concerned for your safety, call 9-1-1.
LOL. I get passed on the right side every day in CA. Sometimes even when I’m in the far right lane. That $hit don’t matter here at all. Lol

Although it doesn't justify his reaction, I'll be the dissenting opinion here.

I know it isn't common in Cali but the left lane is for passing, not cruising at a speed slower than lanes to your right. You literally had 6 people pass you in the lane immediately to your right, and 15-20 pass you in all lanes to your right in the minute of your video. If you want to drive leisurely (which is great, btw) then please move out of the passing lane.
You won't like driving in the land of Aloha, then. HOV lane, everyone uses, regardless if you're by yourseelf. It also doubles as the "fast lane" so, everyone uses. If you come up behind a car in the "fast lane", no one moves to the right to allow you to pass....no one. Like the locals say, "Brah, dis ain't da Mainland"......and they're right!

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck