TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

A Love Story: Model 3 is so good, monster truck drivers want to finger it

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Pkmmte, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Upscaleman

Upscaleman Member

Someone needs to pick up the pace in the fast lane of the 405.

2. Magnets!

Magnets! Member

In my opinion, AP caused this issue. It has happened to me, AP brakes too aggressively and leaves too big of a gap. The truck behind could see the car in front of you and wasn't expecting you to brake so hard and then accelerate so slowly...not in character with the way 95% of the people drive in that area. He thought one of two things....you shouldn't be in the fast lane driving like that or you thought he was tailgating and you brake checked him. Either way, an AP fail. Between AP and all the Teslas out there testing blind spot detection on the freeway, we're spreading a lot of Tesla goodwill....

• Like x 1
  3. Joshan

Joshan Member

It is not an AP fail, it is just driving safely. Technically thats how we should all be driving. Try taking a driving test and rides people ass and drive reckless and see if you get a renewal.

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  4. Upscaleman

Upscaleman Member

Try driving on the 405 and dealing with an idiot in the fast lane with 20 miles of traffic backed up behind him.

You know why it's called the 405? No matter where you want to go, it takes about 4 o' 5 hours.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  5. Upscaleman

Upscaleman Member

True fact - Los Angeles is an hour and a half drive from Los Angeles.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  6. TrumpetTitan

TrumpetTitan Model 3 Performance

Since we're talking about rules commonly broken that OP didn't even come close to breaking, what's the deal with roundabouts? Why is it that every time I go round one to effectively make a left turn, someone will just blast right in, not yielding?

7. Upscaleman

Upscaleman Member

Given the number of people that can't drive in a straight line properly, I am not surprised at the failure rate of the average driver when it comes to roundabouts.

• Like x 1
  8. ReddykwRun

ReddykwRun Member

I realize this is over a year old but why are you not allowed to have a dash camera inside your own personal vehicle? Just curious. I've seen some models that blend covertly right into the rear view mirror housing.

9. Leafdriver333

Leafdriver333 Somewhat Active Member

So the truck driver was upset because he taught the Tesla driver brake checked him for no apparent reason.
    I would be upset also if I didn't know about phantom braking.

10. Kilotango74

Kilotango74 Active Member

Lol I guess you never drive in any sort of “traffic”. Where I’m at it don’t matter what lane you are in people will always be trying to pass you. Do you suggest I swerve around from lane to lane? In the video the car in front was obviously going slower, is that the fault of the OP? Idiots like monster truck driver always seem to think their “hurry” trumps other people’s safety and they think it’s ok to act like idiots. Watch the video again and observe how fast the truck driver comes up on the OP’s bumper. Not necessary and frankly reckless. OP didn’t do anything wrong except have the audacity to be in front of the Raptor and that guy with the small penis was obviously compensating.

11. Kilotango74

Kilotango74 Active Member

LOL. I get passed on the right side every day in CA. Sometimes even when I’m in the far right lane. That $hit don’t matter here at all. Lol

12. groovidad

groovidad Living the Dream!

You won't like driving in the land of Aloha, then. HOV lane, everyone uses, regardless if you're by yourseelf. It also doubles as the "fast lane" so, everyone uses. If you come up behind a car in the "fast lane", no one moves to the right to allow you to pass....no one. Like the locals say, "Brah, dis ain't da Mainland"......and they're right!

• Informative x 1
  13. Bill Foster

Bill Foster I'm going home!

Some people have way too much time on their hands

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  14. hydro 481

hydro 481 Active Member

OP please stop fantasizing about getting fingered by truck drivers.

• Funny x 2