TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

A mighty effort from AEVA Tasmania

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Blue heaven, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Member

Electric vehicle station scheme

“The government doesn’t believe in putting in charging stations unless there are electric vehicles so someone has got to make a stance.”

Well done for taking a stance AEVA Tasmania.

• Like x 10
    • Love x 1
  2. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

It's fantastic news! Although I'm not a part of the company (would be if I could afford it!) I catch up with a lot of these people regularly (at AEVA events). The spokesperson (Clive) is very experienced, knowledgeable and enthusiastic. We are lucky to have so many people in the group (the business has 8 investors at last count) who are both supportive and financially able to contribute!

3. nigwil

nigwil Member

Very pleased this is happening, and that someone is able to lead the way.

Is it an option for those of us with more modest means to kick in a few dollars (maybe as a group thing) to help? At first glance I'm assuming not if this is a formal commercial venture rather than a bunch of enthusiasts.

4. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

You probably want to talk to @bcashman about that! (if he doesn't respond to the tag - notice he hasn't been on TMC for a while - PM me and I'll pass on his email address)

5. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

#5 Chuq, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. nigwil

nigwil Member

#6 nigwil, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Clive Atwater (and electric car talk) from Electric Highway Tasmania starts at 53 minutes through to 62 minutes.

7. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Oops.. thought they may had edited the podcast but its still the same length... will edit!

• Like x 1
  8. bcashman

bcashman Member

Hi everyone. Definitely exciting times here in Tasmania! The project is a commercial venture, but we are looking at different ways we can get our enthusiastic EV community involved.

If anyone is interested, has ideas, or wants to know more, feel free to drop me a line at [email protected].

• Like x 2