Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A month and still no title or registration papers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My temp plate was set to expire on 11/7. At 7pm on 11/5, I received a notification from FedEx that an overnight envelope was headed my way (I use FedEx Delivery Manager). Sure enough, on 11/6 I received it, with my bill of sale and the Certificate of Origin.

Reactions: groovyd
thanks everyone... good to know i'm not alone in this but is it really so hard to just put the paper in the mail for them? i guess i don't understand why they just didn't hand it to me when i picked up my car. i don't remember ever having any of these sort of issues with all my previous car purchases.

DMV returned my email surprisingly saying the plate was issued a few days ago and that I should be receiving it in the mail soon. Why they couldn't have this stuff done on delivery is beyond me. It should just come with a plate and registration sticker on it already, seriously for how much taxes are paid.

Just got my plate yesterday, just in time. Except they sent a regular plate instead of the alt fuel plate that gives hov access even though they charge an alt fuel tax on it every year they expect you to 'elect' the special plate so you can pay an extra $40 a year for the privledge of nearly non existent hov lanes here in atl.

Reactions: NoirMS
I think it took me about 3 weeks to get the registration paperwork from Tesla, but this was last month. Should always have the option to get a new temp plate or extension if it's about to expire though.
Was told I'd get another round of temp plates this week via FedEx, odds not looking good...
Sent an escalated ticket yesterday as well via MyTesla account...
We shall see...

Was told I'd get another round of temp plates this week via FedEx, odds not looking good...
Sent an escalated ticket yesterday as well via MyTesla account...
We shall see...
Crickets from Tesla until this evening when I got an email from them.....but

It was their reply to my escalated ticket I submitted 3 days ago....I got the "oh, we are sorry, we will look into it and get back to you".....this is after talking to a rep in Corp exactly a week ago, never heard a peep back from him but I got the "oh I'm contacting dmv, will FedEx you temp plates and we'll look into it".....
Starting to be ****ing bullshit as they aren't even trying.....its literally the same reply over and over....no new temp plates, paperwork and escalated tickets just fading away into the black hole that sits atop Tesla's desk.
Frustrating... ..and needing to vent.

Crickets from Tesla until this evening when I got an email from them.....but

It was their reply to my escalated ticket I submitted 3 days ago....I got the "oh, we are sorry, we will look into it and get back to you".....this is after talking to a rep in Corp exactly a week ago, never heard a peep back from him but I got the "oh I'm contacting dmv, will FedEx you temp plates and we'll look into it".....
Starting to be ****ing bullshit as they aren't even trying.....its literally the same reply over and over....no new temp plates, paperwork and escalated tickets just fading away into the black hole that sits atop Tesla's desk.
Frustrating... ..and needing to vent.
20181124_163252.jpg

Update: As of Saturday evening, I now have a temp registration til 1/23/19 (emailed to me), and am no longer registered in FL but now CO as a dealer tag....weird.