Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A most unfortunate event :-(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm glad that you are OK. There seems to be a some confusion here. I thought you said you had an accident after you lost consciousness. Some of the people here understood it like you lost consciousness because of the impact of the accident.

If you have a medical condition which results in sudden loss of consciousness, wouldn't it be wiser to consider stop driving for your own safety and for others?

The condition is called syncope. It can result from things like dehydration, stress, or heart problems. So may be this is a lesson for us all to be mindful of our health. More here:

Syncope (Sudden Loss of Consciousness) - New York Presbyterian Hospital

I'm glad that you are OK. There seems to be a some confusion here. I thought you said you had an accident after you lost consciousness. Some of the people here understood it like you lost consciousness because of the impact of the accident.

If you have a medical condition which results in sudden loss of consciousness, wouldn't it be wiser to consider stop driving for your own safety and for others?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the accident gg, but at the same time, I am very glad that you and your son are ok.

Happy recovery and hope to see you here with your new Tesla, very, very soon. As everyone else said, cars are replaceable, human beings aren't! But the fact that the Model S protected you and your son is just another proof of this extraordinary vehicle and Elon's vision and commitment to build it!

Regards,

J.

GG, I am so sorry to hear (and see the pictures) of your accident, but am glad you, your son, and the other driver are doing OK.

I remember meeting you and your family at Leguna Seca this summer and am glad everyone will be OK. :smile:

Thank you all for the outpouring of support! Means a lot to me.

It all seems very unreal 24 hours later. My brave son's back at school today - everyone, including his pediatrician, recommended that as the best way for a return to normalcy - but, I'm still a bit sore here and there and will be resting up some more.

Yeah, not being able to drive for however long will be a bummer and will impose a heavy workload on my wife but, there may be no alternative. Glad that my workplace is only a mile away so, that's a good thing.

Depending on the outcome of the assessment by the insurance company (Liberty Mutual), my wife's adamant that we buy a new MS ASAP even if she has to drive it full time. She has been very emotional about how the car saved her family. She's not so sure about driving our son around in her four-seater Mini Clubman where his car seat is right behind the driver and there's obviously not as much protection as in the MS. She mentioned out of her own volition this morning that she wanted to send a thank-you email to Elon and the Tesla family for making this car happen.

If we have to get a new MS, it's going to have all of the following for sure: Green (or, maybe, Steel Gray), 85 kWh (yes, I've seen the light!), Tech + Parking Sensors, Air and Dual Chargers. Will go for the textile seats this time.

Once again, thank you all.

Very glad to read this ^. I'm happy that you're family is doing well and that everybody is safe and sound. I can't wait to read your posts when you get your new one hopefully. I know an accident can really shatter your confidence, but just remember what you learned from the accident, it will keep you even more defensive. Can't say enough about the S.

So glad that you both seem to be okay. The interior protection really does seem amazing.

Curious as to why you're thinking textile for your next MS? I've got textile seats in my MS and I really like them, but I was thinking of going to leather for the MX I have on order (yes, I know, I have plenty of time to think about it) as I was thinking there may be better resale value with leather, and I liked the light interior on the loaners I had (but I worry about tan interior with my 3 kids, as my previous car ended up with sharpie and icee on the tan interior). Would love to hear why you're thinking of going the other direction.

By the way, I currently have an MS60 (old grey) and even though it's been great for me, I may upgrade to the 85 as I believe the MX may be less efficient than my MS60.

Thanks

gg so glad that you and your son are okay, I was just driving the 101 through Redwood City this morning and was thinking about you. Your spec for your next Model S sounds great :) I would have seriously considered the textile seats if they had come in grey.

My interpretation of your accident description is that your LOC preceded the accident. There are of course many reasons that could explain that, most are benign. I hope your physician can figure it out soon.