Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A mouse ate my Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That and you live in Florida. I have lived in Floriday. Cleared some lots for houses. Had to climb palm trees, chop out Floriday holly, spanish swords, snakes, rats, lizards, red ant colonies, spiders, gators .... My impression, nearly everything in Florida is growing like crazy and wants to kill you. Be careful out there.

oh yeah, where did you find those mouse trap plans ?
Cool experience you had.
Yes, I've run into a few critters here. So far I've been lucky. I wear only bare feed in sandals, no shirt, shorts. But the human hating red ants have taken a particular liking to my wife. They get pretty mad when I disturb them for sure.

A few days ago a 14 foot alligator killed a woman. That was quite a bit south of here. I've only seen little ones around here.

I moved here from Colorado. Big difference!
There's a lot to love as well around here. The natural springs being the biggest draw for me.

The mouse trap stuff is the guy that does "Mouse Trap Mondays" Shawn on You Tube.
I copied his multiple snap trap wooden house contraption.
Here:

You could try using a leaf blower to blow out the acorns.

LPT: Mice don't store large caches of acorns (too big for a mouse) but chipmunks, ground squirrels do hoard, store acorns, other tree nuts.

It is common to find the garage slab sloped away from the house. Many times older homes were built with a car port and the one car or two car garage was added later. A garage door installer can install a metal bracket across the bottom of the garage door to compensate for the slope (my installer knew just what was needed to ensure a good fit for the rubber seal.)

Reactions: Georgesb2
What I do with a garaged vehicle(s). I leave 2-3 mouse poison blocks in the garage. If a mouse finds itself in the garage I give him a more attractive food item... the bait. I have killed 2 mice so far this way without damage to my vehicle. I know somebody with one block in their garage, after my advice. She went back 6 months later and found it was half eaten. She immediate added 2 more blocks to the garage. So far she found a couple dead mice. disclaimer: I lack children or pets so I leave the blocks bare, on the floor, against the wall. If you have kids or dogs keep bare blocks out of their reach.

Reactions: Georgesb2
What I do with a garaged vehicle(s). I leave 2-3 mouse poison blocks in the garage. If a mouse finds itself in the garage I give him a more attractive food item... the bait. I have killed 2 mice so far this way without damage to my vehicle. I know somebody with one block in their garage, after my advice. She went back 6 months later and found it was half eaten. She immediate added 2 more blocks to the garage. So far she found a couple dead mice. disclaimer: I lack children or pets so I leave the blocks bare, on the floor, against the wall. If you have kids or dogs keep bare blocks out of their reach.
Yup
I wish added a poison to my arsenal.
The ones I chose are supposed to not harm other animals.