TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

A New Easter Egg?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Peteybabes, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

Hello All,

I found an interesting thing out. :)

I set up a profile (1 of about 8 on my car) called Chauffeur as a profile for when I'm driving friends that are taller around. It basically moves my seat forward a few inches and tilts my chair back, whatever not that important...

The big change is that it won't let me set Autopilot 5 mph above, it will only let me go exactly the speed limit when I'm in that profile and using Autopilot.

Has anybody else found this, or can anybody else confirm that this happens for them?

2. MasterT

MasterT Member

How is that an Easter Egg? Actually, let me rephrase: do you know what Easter Egg means?

If I'm correct assuming what your definition of Easter Egg is, then the list of "Easter Eggs" in Tesla might be pretty lengthy :D

Sorry, no contribution to your issue as I only have 2 profiles and both works as expected.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. Fiddler

Fiddler Member

WOW! You discovered an undocumented feature. WOW! Thanks for sharing. I wouldn't believe it. Yes indeed, "Chauffeur" ... won't let me set Autopilot 5 mph above. GOOD JOB! This hidden feature might be the most useful Easter Egg yet.

Wiki says: "Easter Egg: ... a secret feature of an interactive work." Did anyone here know about this secret feature before?

4. thimel

thimel Member

Check your new profile to make sure your offset for a speed limit warning is set to at least 5 mph. Your car is behaving as though it is set to zero.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  5. zackmilo

zackmilo No chrome for me!

6. Peteybabes

good point :) i will check that hopefully i'm not raising anybody's hopes...however i thought the offset was just a warning, not a limitation for autopilot.

will let you know soon!

7. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Active Member

Yep.. most likely the creation of a new profile set everything in that profile to default settings. Default being +0 offset.

• Like x 1
  8. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Nothing left to see here, move along...

• Like x 1
  9. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Where is the Easter Egg you claimed?

10. Peteybabes

confirmed, sorry about this.

i need to ask though, does anybody use +30 offset?

11. Fiddler

Fiddler Member

ERROR, I was wrong. Sorry. On my second trip the "Chauffeur" driver's profile worked the same as all other profiles. I was sure AP2 didn't let me speed above the limit on my first trip. Now, it looks like I make a mistake. I was wrong.

• Like x 1