Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A New Easter Egg?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Peteybabes

redneck drivin' a tesla...
Apr 8, 2016
'murica
Hello All,

I found an interesting thing out. :)

I set up a profile (1 of about 8 on my car) called Chauffeur as a profile for when I'm driving friends that are taller around. It basically moves my seat forward a few inches and tilts my chair back, whatever not that important...

The big change is that it won't let me set Autopilot 5 mph above, it will only let me go exactly the speed limit when I'm in that profile and using Autopilot.

Has anybody else found this, or can anybody else confirm that this happens for them?

How is that an Easter Egg? Actually, let me rephrase: do you know what Easter Egg means?

If I'm correct assuming what your definition of Easter Egg is, then the list of "Easter Eggs" in Tesla might be pretty lengthy :D

Sorry, no contribution to your issue as I only have 2 profiles and both works as expected.

• Funny
Reactions: travis010 and Algbc
I found an interesting thing out. :) ... Chauffeur ... won't let me set Autopilot 5 mph above... Has anybody else found this, or can anybody else confirm that this happens for them?

WOW! You discovered an undocumented feature. WOW! Thanks for sharing. I wouldn't believe it. Yes indeed, "Chauffeur" ... won't let me set Autopilot 5 mph above. GOOD JOB! This hidden feature might be the most useful Easter Egg yet.

How is that an Easter Egg? Actually, let me rephrase: do you know what Easter Egg means?

If I'm correct assuming what your definition of Easter Egg is, then the list of "Easter Eggs" in Tesla might be pretty lengthy :D

Sorry, no contribution to your issue as I only have 2 profiles and both works as expected.

Wiki says: "Easter Egg: ... a secret feature of an interactive work." Did anyone here know about this secret feature before?

Hello All,

I found an interesting thing out. :)

I set up a profile (1 of about 8 on my car) called Chauffeur as a profile for when I'm driving friends that are taller around. It basically moves my seat forward a few inches and tilts my chair back, whatever not that important...

The big change is that it won't let me set Autopilot 5 mph above, it will only let me go exactly the speed limit when I'm in that profile and using Autopilot.

Has anybody else found this, or can anybody else confirm that this happens for them?
Check your new profile to make sure your offset for a speed limit warning is set to at least 5 mph. Your car is behaving as though it is set to zero.

Check your new profile to make sure your offset for a speed limit warning is set to at least 5 mph. Your car is behaving as though it is set to zero.

good point :) i will check that hopefully i'm not raising anybody's hopes...however i thought the offset was just a warning, not a limitation for autopilot.

will let you know soon!