Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A new member of the Tesla owners club…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

We have taken delivery of our first Tesla this week - a UK 72 plate Model Y in the standard white/black/19” wheels guise.

After some research around ordering time, was pleasantly surprised to see it arrive with a parcel shelf (that has a nest folding functionality).

This is our second EV (having had a Jaguar iPace for the last 3 years and 30,000 miles) and 48 hours in the biggest game changer is already the charging!

At the weekend we did the last long trip in the iPace (500 miles round trip) and had what I would describe as a good public charging experience - 3 charges, all 50kw, and only a 5 minute wait to get on one on the way home.

Then yesterday popped to the local Tesla dealer on the way back and tried a supercharger…..no app, no logging on, just connect and then my jaw hit the floor when it was charging at 698 miles per hour 🤯

Other than that the car seems great - the 5 yo is obsessed with the “fun”-ctionality (games, whoopee cushion etc) but the single central screen and UI is going to take some getting used to. Build quality / interior feel isn’t quite as good as the Jaguar (ambient lighting is very basic as far as I can see - just footwells?) but the overall package is great.

If this forum is anything like the one I found for the iPace it will be a superb tool for getting the most out of the car.

Reactions: house9