Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A New Reason To Try Tesla (With an Overnight Test Drive Option)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to do the test drive overnight. What exactly do I need to sign?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454473856.220805.jpg

Please don't do it. Or you will be losing sleep until yours arrived.:tongue: And unless you get two, your relationship with your partner might be challenged.
If you really must do it, make sure you take it home to see if you might have a driveway / garage challenge. Break over angle could be a problem for standard suspension. Junks in garage need to be thrown out. If you live in condo or apartment make sure that you can get 240V for charging, 120V is too slow.

Not from what I've read the past 8 months or so reading this. "Overnight" test drives just isn't a standard in this class of automobile, at least in my 20+ years with Lexus, Acura, MBZ and BMW. The email from Tesla seems to be a recent thing...

That makes sense. Hopefully this is open to everyone though. I mean personally I'm not anyone special. Definitely can't afford one haha. I will call tesla and see, once I hear back I post what I was told

Not from what I've read the past 8 months or so reading this. "Overnight" test drives just isn't a standard in this class of automobile, at least in my 20+ years with Lexus, Acura, MBZ and BMW. The email from Tesla seems to be a recent thing...
I received an email that said "A lot has changed since you last experienced Model S." My wife had the car for the day, so I immediately wondered what had changed today while I was driving our secondary car. Absurd, I know. Hopefully they're not tracking me that closely. Turns out they don't seem to be fully aware I'm an owner.

That said, I don't think I've gotten one of these before, so there might be some truth to the assertions that demand is slowing.

I received an email that said "A lot has changed since you last experienced Model S." My wife had the car for the day, so I immediately wondered what had changed today while I was driving our secondary car. Absurd, I know. Hopefully they're not tracking me that closely. Turns out they don't seem to be fully aware I'm an owner.

That said, I don't think I've gotten one of these before, so there might be some truth to the assertions that demand is slowing.
Right. I don't believe Tesla's Marketing email blitzes do an effective job first removing existing owners, or at least tweaking their messaging for someone that is already and owner. I received and continue to receive occasional emails about test drives and new MS even while my Ms was in production and after it was delivered late last year. I too, have not seen is latest iteration.

I contacted the local TESLA sales team, and requested an overnight test drive. The team was more than happy to supply me with a P90D, not only for the overnight but for the weekend!
Picked up the car on Saturday morning and returned it on Monday morning. It was great to experience the car in a variety of situations, parking, errands, long distances, etc.