Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

a new software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s upsetting lol. Was hoping for the scheduled charging/ power boost etc.

I was hoping for the departure time charging myself, but unless it’s buried in a menu somewhere it doesn’t appear to be there.

At this point I doubt I would recognize more power or know what to do with it - my Ludicrous Raven has more power than I can generally use safely and effectively as it is. :)

Reactions: davezforce
So I’m confused. I have the performance model that has 305 range. Does that mean mine (performance models) will get 308, or performance models will get 3% speed Increase and long range models will get extended range?

Those three miles are supposed to be conservatism in Tesla’s original rating of the car. There's no difference at all between today's car's and last week's, but Tesla is saying they all should go further on the EPA test.

There’s a lot more conservatism in the rating of the Performance cars:

Tesla Range Table - Teslike.com

But I don’t know if Tesla will take that out. To be honest, I don't really care about that - my car is the same whether they do or don't, and will go the same distance in real life either way.

The 3% increase in power is supposed to be from better inverter algorithms. Given that, it seems likely that will show up as an efficiency increase as well, which should apply to all Ravens and 3s, and possibly to all cars.

New to Tesla. I have a Model X with build date of 09/19/2019. I have not seen any updates, or an advisory for them on my screen. What is the process? When I look at SW version it says SW is up to date. My SW is v9.0 (2019.31.101)

Does the car need to be charging and in range of WiFi for this to occur?

Need to be on Wi-Fi to get an update - may or may not get prompts for an update without it; with recent versions you're supposed to, on good days. Doesn't matter whether you're plugged in or not.

There should be a choice between normal and advanced firmware delivery on the software screen, and choosing advanced will get you newer firmware sooner - possibly with more bugs.

If you're confident you're on good Wi-Fi and nothing new comes even after you reboot the car, it might be worth contacting Tesla to see if your car is hung up somehow. That does occasionally happen to people.

You can also schedule a service appointment through the app and choose "firmware update" as the reason. They should be able to sort it out for you and getting the car updating, at which point they'll cancel the actual appointment.

I was hoping for the departure time charging myself, but unless it’s buried in a menu somewhere it doesn’t appear to be there.

At this point I doubt I would recognize more power or know what to do with it - my Ludicrous Raven has more power than I can generally use safely and effectively as it is. :)
HAHA! right! every time I go to launch mu usb lets me know we have passengers in the car..how else would I show off the speed...ye Ghads!!