Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog A New TMC Homepage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today we’ve launched a major addition to Tesla Motors Club.

While the forum will always be the heartbeat of TMC, we’ve also added a blog component as the TMC homepage. The primary aim of the TMC Blog is to be a quick one-stop-shop for the most interesting Tesla headlines, as well as a way to give more spotlight to members who have a unique passion and in-depth knowledge of the entire Tesla ecosystem.

We’ll be updating the blog regularly with news around the same topics we all love on the Forum – Tesla’s game-changing cars, the exciting future of EVs and autonomous vehicles, Tesla Energy, SpaceX, and all of Elon Musk’s big ideas.

Here’s a quick tour:

– The latest news and member posts will be published to the TMC blog homepage

– Forums are just a click away under the Community tab or the big red button in the homepage sidebar

– Best posts of the day are also featured in the homepage sidebar

– Blog post comments sync to a corresponding Forum thread

The blog will also serve as a place for TMC Members to submit posts on a wide range of topics – How-to’s, Tips, Opinion, Reviews, Q&A’s, Analysis and more. TMC is truly a community of experts and we’re excited about the stories our members have to tell. If you’re interested in becoming a contributor, feel free to give us a shout at [email protected].

As always, we’re thankful to our amazing members who have helped make TMC the largest independent Tesla enthusiast organization in the world. We hope you like the new homepage!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: IdaX
Ya, I'm trying to scroll through the home page blog stuff and as I'm scrolling down, the browser jumps back to the top every few seconds... fighting my desire to browse down through the material. It's like some Ad is vying for attention up near top of page and is never satisfied you've seen it enough so it shows you again, putting the focus of the page back to the top. Very annoying.

Ya, I'm trying to scroll through the home page blog stuff and as I'm scrolling down, the browser jumps back to the top every few seconds... fighting my desire to browse down through the material. It's like some Ad is vying for attention up near top of page and is never satisfied you've seen it enough so it shows you again, putting the focus of the page back to the top. Very annoying.
I see something similar. The page constantly refreshes, reloading over and over and over again...

Reactions: S'toon
Same experience as others not being able to scroll down and actually look at the content. Keeps snapping back to the top and loading a bunch of ads. Horrible. Also, please don't use auto-playing video ads. I won't be visiting the blog page as long as you have these kinds of ads. Super-annoying.

Reactions: boaterva and deonb
I was getting the same flashing reload to the top of the page. Very annoying and made the whole thing unusable.

A SHIFT+REFRESH of the page seems to have solved it for me. Working ok now. But, the number and intrusiveness of ads does seem excessive now - they really overwhelm the page and content IMHO.

And, is there a reason why Supporting Members see all the ads? So far, I don't see any advantage to the blog for people that actually read Tesla news on the forum. Sorry, but there's nothing new here. May be fine for the casual 'dropper by', but the 'brand new' post just now is 'ancient' from the point of view of us actually reading the forums. (The interior shot of the wood dashboard of the 3 that was just posted.)

• Love
Reactions: deonb
The page reload/snapback seems to be from the login sync. Logging off and back on seem to fix it, as well as a hard page refresh. Cntrl-Shift-R on Chrome.

If you wish, you can skip directly to the forum by going to https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc

We don't allow those video type ads, but sometimes they slip through. When I see them I block them on AdSense. Reduced ads for supporting members is coming.

The page reload/snapback seems to be from the login sync. Logging off and back on seem to fix it, as well as a hard page refresh. Cntrl-Shift-R on Chrome.

If you wish, you can skip directly to the forum by going to https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc

We don't allow those video type ads, but sometimes they slip through. When I see them I block them on AdSense. Reduced ads for supporting members is coming.
Thanks for the update, Doug!

The home page thingy isn't real useful to me, though I could see where it'd be helpful for "casual readers".

However I noticed that the new "HOME" menu lists the car models in the order 3, X, S (newest to oldest) but in the "FORUMS" menu the models are listed oldest to newest (Roadster, S, X, 3). Arrrrgh!!! o_O

Bruce.

Reactions: doug
I'll have to grow thicker skin. I saw the blog post about Blog - Fisker Drops New Images of 400-Mile Electric Range EMotion and then I saw another reference to it, and I said to myself, isn't there a button I can hit to ignore this from now on so I never see it? (I think Fisker is fake, phony, and complete crap, and don't need to know anything more at all about it.) But, I realized that not having thick skin is a symptom of many of last year's easily "triggerable" children and younger adults, so I decided I better shut up and learn how to deal with it.

I don't care about the site home page update, but ever since then, loading anything on the site (even clicking Like) takes minimum 10 seconds. What the heck? Is that also an upgrade, or is that something that will get fixed?
To update that: I notice that problem mostly during the day, during high use periods. Nights seem to work fine. I have no idea if it is a clogged Internet or a clogged TMC. This reminds me of old timeshare industrial computer room computers I grew up using remotely from home, and later, when they were connected to the Internet: I'd prefer using them at night when things were really fast.

It's now 5:21AM PT, so 8:21AM ET; saving an edit of this message took 11 seconds.

I'll have to grow thicker skin. I saw the blog post about Blog - Fisker Drops New Images of 400-Mile Electric Range EMotion and then I saw another reference to it, and I said to myself, isn't there a button I can hit to ignore this from now on so I never see it? (I think Fisker is fake, phony, and complete crap, and don't need to know anything more at all about it.) But, I realized that not having thick skin is a symptom of many of last year's easily "triggerable" children and younger adults, so I decided I better shut up and learn how to deal with it.

If you don't want to see the front-page blogs, you can "deeplink" into the forums and by pass the new front page entirely. My usual entrypoint into TMC is this (has been for a long time actually):

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/watched/threads

To update that: I notice that problem mostly during the day, during high use periods. Nights seem to work fine. I have no idea if it is a clogged Internet or a clogged TMC. This reminds me of old timeshare industrial computer room computers I grew up using remotely from home, and later, when they were connected to the Internet: I'd prefer using them at night when things were really fast.

It's now 5:21AM PT, so 8:21AM ET; saving an edit of this message took 11 seconds.

I've not experienced any unexpected slowness from where I sit so...???...

Bruce.