Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A nice surprise!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last Wednesday I finally pulled the trigger and bought a MY. Well needless to say I already had an accessories list for it. Haha well today while cleaning it up I decided to just pop the panel and see if maybe there was any chance of a tow hitch being there. To my utter joy, there was!!!! So happy to save $400 and not have to take apart the rear. Nothing about the hitch was in the paperwork, and I didn’t think to ask the BMW salesman as he barely knew how to open the door.

Attachments

• 74C150E9-4F90-4CB3-9983-F61004D01835.jpeg
    74C150E9-4F90-4CB3-9983-F61004D01835.jpeg
    849.4 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
The cheapest LR MY you can reserve today is $67.4K (includes the destination fee.)

Here's a better car search.

View attachment 867339View attachment 867340

If you click on the price histories, you'll notice these vehicles have been sitting (and dropping thousands every week.)
Yes, I know the price is dropping fast. I am just talking about OP's purchase. I am wondering how much he paid.
Also, all dealers will add multiple BS fees and charges that will add up several thousands to the listed price.

• Funny
Reactions: randmness
Yes, I know the price is dropping fast. I am just talking about OP's purchase. I am wondering how much he paid.
Also, all dealers will add multiple BS fees and charges that will add up several thousands to the listed price.
OP posted how much they paid above. There aren't a ton of low mileage Y Performances so prices are holding a bit better. With that being said, $63K is the lowest Ive seen locally (DC area) for sub-1K miles 2022 LR Y. There was a post in another thread showing that in some regions, you can grab these same vehicles for $59K (some had as low as 25 miles.) They're basically all dropping fast and I imagine the next rate hike might accelerate it.

OP posted how much they paid above. There aren't a ton of low mileage Y Performances so prices are holding a bit better. With that being said, $63K is the lowest Ive seen locally (DC area) for sub-1K miles 2022 LR Y. There was a post in another thread showing that in some regions, you can grab these same vehicles for $59K (some as low as 25 miles.) They're basically all dropping fast and I imagine the next rate hike might accelerate it.
So, he paid $78k?? for MYLR?

Reactions: randmness
So, he paid $78k?? for MYLR?
LOL. Nope, they had it originally listed at $78k(knowing it was way overpriced)

It sat on their lot for over 110 days and I watched the price drop from $78k to $62k in 4 months. It’s a 2021 with 12,xxx on the clock.

When it was down to $62, I stopped by and we negotiated down from there. Their fee was $748. After tax I was looking at $59,248.00 Before applying my cash down payment.

But honestly as much as I mountain bike, I was just ecstatic to see the factory hitch, so I wouldn’t have to take apart the rear end to install a lesser quality hitch. So yeah, me not checking the screen made it a nice surprise.

When it was down to $62, I stopped by and we negotiated down from there. Their fee was $748. After tax I was looking at $59,248.00 Before applying my cash down payment.
$59K out the door sounds like a pretty good deal (that's like $55-56K before taxes.) We have a reservation for a new Y LR at $58K, but I've noticed the ones around here sitting for 100+ days as well in the low-mid 60s. The lowest I've seen is around $63K locally, but they seem to be dropping quickly.