Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A pack and regen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have an "A" pack loaner on my p85 S and have been noticing that my regen is quite different than what I'm used to. It FEELS like I have it set to regen low vs regen standard. I've checked multiple times and it's definitely set to standard.

I used to feel my regen kick in quite forcefully but lately I can't get the green line to go past 30kw it's like it's hitting there and getting stopping. Much like it would if the car was set to regen low. I noticed on Saturday temperature was 61 degrees outside and I was coming down a hill going approx 50mph and still wouldn't go past 30kw. Later on a freeway off ramp at 60 mph it ticked just past 30kw. My soc was 80% in the first instance and approx 55% in the second. In the first the car was cold having driven only maybe 5 miles and the second was a road trip with a nice warm pack.

I recently had an actual loaner car and did not experience this regen behavior so now my question is this... Is this typical "A" pack behavior or do I have a bigger problem with motor/inverter? Anyone with an a pack still that can chime in? TIA

I have an A pack. I'd seen this note yesterday so I watched today. It didn't go over 30kW at first, which had me wondering - but I was going pretty slow for a while (30mph or less). Later when I was going 60mph and let off the accelerator, I saw 60kW.

The A packs (what we have) MAY have more conservative temperature-based regen settings (Wild speculation on my part - I have nothing to compare it to) but if our car is warm it will regen at 60 no problem even at 90% SOC. I wonder if they've done something weird to the loaner?

• Disagree
Reactions: pilotSteve