Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A-Pack Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, yes and no. I saw a fairly significant drop in the first year, but it's been pretty flat for the past 2 and a half years. I currently see 223 Rated / 252 Ideal Miles at 90% SOC and 248 Rated / 281 Ideal Miles at 100%. My car has about 72,000 miles on the clock.

That's pretty good actually. Mine has 85k miles, it's 2.5 years and a full charge is about 250 miles. And compared to other cars that's above average. So I don't think your battery is aging faster.

TM-Spy is an app that is in beta right now (not public yet). With the right bluetooth dongle on the CAN bus it can monitor battery temperatures of each module. You can see the coolant temperature coming and coming out so you get a good idea if the car is trying to cool or warm up the battery.

I'd let you use mine but I think we are not in the same city :)

Maybe it's a faulty temperature sensor. I've not used TM-spy but if it can log battery temps, hopefully you should be able to see if the temps are actually measured correctly.

For the record, there are 32 temp sensors that report to the BMS. There is no way all of them are faulty. Additionally, I bet Tesla knows what they are doing and if NULL is returned as the pack temperature a safety interlock will trip.

For the record, there are 32 temp sensors that report to the BMS. There is no way all of them are faulty. Additionally, I bet Tesla knows what they are doing and if NULL is returned as the pack temperature a safety interlock will trip.

That is what Tesla Service told me when I first brought it up. Basically, don't worry about it... the car knows what it's doing. Just weird the my car thinks differently than every other car I've come across.

This. I bet the car has an A/C temp sensor error code.

I will ask them to check this when I go for my "annual"