Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A-Pillar trim?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my experience, San Diego Tesla Mobile Service is MUCH better than the San Diego (SD) service center. The SD service center tends to proclaim every issue to be 'normal.' In fairness, they seem overwhelmed and are probably just trying to make the small stuff go away in an attempt to stay ahead of the onslaught of model 3s with fitment and other issues.

Mobile service is replacing my driver's side A-pillar trim tomorrow. It took about three weeks to get the part. It was a factory installation error. The factory installer broke the clips that hold the trim in place. The excellent mobile tech that came to my home tried replacing the clips but the original trim piece was too deformed. Thus, the replacement tomorrow.

It would have taken only a few seconds to get it right on the assembly line, but it takes hours of effort and cost on the part of multiple people to fix it in the field. Tesla will have to get these issues under control if they hope to be profitable.

• Informative
Reactions: geometro
In my experience, San Diego Tesla Mobile Service is MUCH better than the San Diego (SD) service center. The SD service center tends to proclaim every issue to be 'normal.' In fairness, they seem overwhelmed and are probably just trying to make the small stuff go away in an attempt to stay ahead of the onslaught of model 3s with fitment and other issues.

Mobile service is replacing my driver's side A-pillar trim tomorrow. It took about three weeks to get the part. It was a factory installation error. The factory installer broke the clips that hold the trim in place. The excellent mobile tech that came to my home tried replacing the clips but the original trim piece was too deformed. Thus, the replacement tomorrow.

It would have taken only a few seconds to get it right on the assembly line, but it takes hours of effort and cost on the part of multiple people to fix it in the field. Tesla will have to get these issues under control if they hope to be profitable.

Really? I was just going to live with it sticking out a little! How do you just contact Mobile Service? I have a buddy's pop out to where it's beyond the black window border. Both sides of mine have sections that bend out more. Do you have pics of before and after?

How did you get mobile service to come to you? The San Diego service center is way too busy, especially for something like that isn't urgent and doesn't require specialized diagnostics or equipment. I had a door seal replaced and it seems like they could have sent a tech out to do it after getting the part instead of keeping my car for 4 days while nothing happened to it.

Mine were replaced this week.
And it’s resolved?

I just picked my car up from the SC yesterday, and was told they re-seated it, and it didn’t improve, so they looked at other 3’s on the lot, and concluded it’s how they all are, and due to the positioning of the clips. :rolleyes:

Can anyone post before and after photos, that had this fixed? Thanks!

And it’s resolved?

I just picked my car up from the SC yesterday, and was told they re-seated it, and it didn’t improve, so they looked at other 3’s on the lot, and concluded it’s how they all are, and due to the positioning of the clips. :rolleyes:

Can anyone post before and after photos, that had this fixed? Thanks!

They did order new parts and both sides look better. The passenger side looks great and the drivers side is improved but still slightly off.
They were so busy when I went to pick up that I just took and will bring it back if it bothers me.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
Driver's side way off on mine but passenger side ok. The service advisor said it's normal and I said "it's normal for it to be asymmetrical?" At that point he understood the direction of the conversation and agreed to replace it. Part is M3, UPPER A-PILLAR, ASY, PROV, LH (1086237-71-H).