Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Positive Service Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to contribute some positivity since so many service posts are negative, although I too have had a few bad ones in the past. But with that said...

I recently had to take my 2016 S in because the screen kept randomly rebooting. I first tried a Mobile appt and the gent worked on it for an hour but the 'reload' just wouldn't take so I had to take it in to the Dublin, CA service center (I requested a loaner with the appt.) The drop-off went smooth (despite all the COVID fun) and the Enterprise gent took me straight over to a relatively new (2018) loaner S (about .5 mile away) and I was on my way. Only a day later (a new record!) my car was fixed and ready for pickup. What was nice is that I could leave the loaner at the service center and Enterprise will come pick it up. When I come for pickup, I use the app to open the car (the key should be inside) and then I'm off. They send the invoice through the app. It was all much smoother and much faster than past experiences. Bravo to the Dublin crew and here's hoping it's a trend that spreads.

Reactions: bmah and SO16
I wanted to contribute some positivity since so many service posts are negative, although I too have had a few bad ones in the past. But with that said...

I recently had to take my 2016 S in because the screen kept randomly rebooting. I first tried a Mobile appt and the gent worked on it for an hour but the 'reload' just wouldn't take so I had to take it in to the Dublin, CA service center (I requested a loaner with the appt.) The drop-off went smooth (despite all the COVID fun) and the Enterprise gent took me straight over to a relatively new (2018) loaner S (about .5 mile away) and I was on my way. Only a day later (a new record!) my car was fixed and ready for pickup. What was nice is that I could leave the loaner at the service center and Enterprise will come pick it up. When I come for pickup, I use the app to open the car (the key should be inside) and then I'm off. They send the invoice through the app. It was all much smoother and much faster than past experiences. Bravo to the Dublin crew and here's hoping it's a trend that spreads.

Wow. Better buy a lottery ticket. I think the Powerball is up to one billion tonight.

• Funny
Reactions: KyleDay
Hoping for such luck tomorrow. Have car booked in to have IC yellow border fixed and front half shafts replaced for the shudder under acceleration issue. So far, all communication through app has been smooth. They preordered the half shafts in advance. Unfortunately, no loaner offered (just the usual uber). Not a big deal as my wife will come with me to drop car off for the day.

Fingers crossed car is ready to roll by the end of the day tomorrow.

I wanted to give a shout out to the SC in Portland Oregon. While on a road trip I experienced a flat tire, and while investigating realized that I had one flat and one ready to become flat in a few miles. This was a case of me not recognizing the fact that you can have fair (4mm) tread on the outside and center of your rear tires but inside was to the steel cords! Local tire store had nothing in stock, so I had the car towed to the SC. That process went well except for the tow being over an hour later than forecast but difficult to blame SC for that as it is all hired out. The SC had only a set of fronts for my 2019 Model X with 22 inch rims. Rears were to take another 3 to 4 days, and I am in the middle of a road trip but could "overstay" my visit to family in Sherwood Oregon. The next day I got a call that the SC had found a set of rears that had been reserved, but for a future install that gave time for the new shipment to arrive. I got the tires and new alignment done the next day, and all was well, and glad the SC looked for an alternative to get me on my way. Process was smooth and I was kept informed along the way.

Still not happy about the extreme inner rear tire wear but that was covered in other posts.