Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Positive Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to love coming to this Forum to read up on all the neat things people were doing and talking about in regards to their Tesla or future Tesla. Lately I've been considering why I'm even reading this forum anymore. I know this forum can't be filled with only complaints. I'm one of them. Sure I've only owned my Tesla Model S since July 2018, but I've had zero issues with Sparrow and love every single moment! Truly the best car I've personally ever owned and will never stop enjoying. I'm a woman in IT who really enjoys technology so maybe I'm more accepting of things than others. I know I can't be an outlier and others feel the same as I do. I would love to hear from those of you out there who are in the same boat as myself. If you have any stories, please share I would love to hear them!

I have had a model S for just over a year now and still love it as much as I did when I first got it. I still peel out at every light and enjoy that roller coaster feeling.

On a side note for you Disney fans, Test Track is no longer a fun ride.

I understand the hate on these forums but cant participate because I know that overall the car and company are good for society as a whole and their product is significantly better than anything else out there and has been for quite some time.

I used to love coming to this Forum to read up on all the neat things people were doing and talking about in regards to their Tesla or future Tesla. Lately I've been considering why I'm even reading this forum anymore. I know this forum can't be filled with only complaints.

I have some thoughts about this, but in the spirit of keeping things positive, every so often I'll go re-read some of these:

Tesla moments

Or the "Best Posts" menu at the top of the page.

Owned a Model S85D for almost four years, 60K miles on the odometer, 62 unique superchargers visited throughout California (I'll get my car out of state someday). Still haven't lost the "Tesla Grin". Now let's see...where can I take my Tesla today? :)

Bruce.

Jaciee, rest assured that there are plenty of folks like you on the forum, and I am among them. I think you are right in assuming that your IT connections may temper your judgment, as you may better understand the risks and benefits, and the delays, involved in developing a new technology. I still come to the forum to share experience and learn. In particular, I've found a wonderful sharing community here of folks with technical interests who share instructions (and sometimes pull together parts kits) to make various improvements to my Model S, such as improved interior lighting, dashcams, a parcel shelf lift, a front-facing bumper cam for parking assistance, and (currently) ways of retrofitting new visors with illuminated mirrors into my 2017-vintage vehicle.

My time on the forum suggests that Tesla owners can be divided into roughly four groupings: people who are into luxury cars, people who are into performance cars, people who are into evolving technology, and people who are concerned with the environment and the growing global warming crisis. This is of course a simplification, and there is overlap between these groups. Another way of dividing members is on what I call the "S spectrum;" that is, the degree to which they are motivated to considerations of Status (the prestige associated with owning an expensive car), Servicability (having a vehicle that fulfills practical tasks), and Social Concern.

The luxury car folks are often complaining about the lack of overhead hand-holds for car entry/egress, the absence of coat hangers and (until recently) illuminated vanity mirrors, etc. There is also a contingent of folks who enjoy bloviating about Elon Musk's "promises," and perceived slights. As well, there are postings that troll on behalf of stock short-sellers.

I've only owned three vehicles in my life, the last one a 32-year-old Volvo station wagon I sold when I acquired my Model S, which will almost certainly be my last car. Acquiring my Tesla was a huge financial stretch for me, but I am very happy I did it. I'm grateful every time I get into the car. It's as practical as my station wagon was, is infinitely more fun to drive, and contributes toward ending our species insanely destructive petroleum addiction, though much remains to be done in transforming our transportation systems.

So please cheer up, Jaciee: continue to participate in the forum, and continue to enjoy your beautiful battery electric car. Ignore the negativity, look for the useful nuggets to be found here, and continue to make your own positive contributions. :)

My 2015 70D has also been very good (with some failures, one major), and I have been quite happy. And I also have found that recently it seems as if the forum is dominated by more negative stories. I have also been tempted to visit here less often, but it is a hard habit to break, and sometimes I can contribute or learn something.
I have expressed my fears and concerns elsewhere so i will stay positive here. This is my first new car ever, and I am enjoying it greatly! But it is probably wise to recognize that "stuff happens" and be willing to roll with the punches.
Looking forward to my next ride....

The Tesla service center has been excellent whenever needed.
My daily commute of almost 100 miles and 98% expressway has been so much easier with EAP
Coming from a BMW getting around 25mpg my commute cost has gone from ~$10 day day to ~$2,35 a day
PeachPass, HOV pay per use lane, saves me an average of $25 a day with free access with plug-in vehicles
No more mandatory stops at the gas station.....priceless.

I used to love coming to this Forum to read up on all the neat things people were doing and talking about in regards to their Tesla or future Tesla. Lately I've been considering why I'm even reading this forum anymore. I know this forum can't be filled with only complaints. I'm one of them. Sure I've only owned my Tesla Model S since July 2018, but I've had zero issues with Sparrow and love every single moment! Truly the best car I've personally ever owned and will never stop enjoying. I'm a woman in IT who really enjoys technology so maybe I'm more accepting of things than others. I know I can't be an outlier and others feel the same as I do. I would love to hear from those of you out there who are in the same boat as myself. If you have any stories, please share I would love to hear them!

I am also in IT so I may be a biased owner considering the new masses buying teslas likely are not in IT but love my classic pre-ap 2014 S85 and it still brings me the same joy to drive as when I first bought it now almost 3yrs ago. I will say though that I am also still running on V8.1 software as that is my preferred UI vs the new V9. That may change as V9 continues to mature but right now the car and software are perfect so not changing it. I had a string of issues in the beginning but nothing major and no issues with the car requiring any service in the last 9 months.

As for these forums I still find them to be a great wealth of information that just needs a bit of sifting now and again to find.

Last edited:
(I'll get my car out of state someday). Still haven't lost the "Tesla Grin". Now let's see...where can I take my Tesla today? :)

Bruce.

Everywhere! Definitely recommend a multi state and province experience. Have done a many thousands of km worth of road tripping every year with the fam. Fun, fun

Oh and to stay on topic. Still obsessed with Tesla and what they stand for after 5+ years. No complaints here.

Well said. I'm in the same boat, also IT and feel the same way about my Model S (owned since December 2018). Just got it back from some service (very good overall experience). I've run into a couple of issues but nothing unexpected and thankfully still under warranty. I have a newly replaced MCU and now front camera. It's tough as so many online communities these days so easily move towards complaints, toxicity, etc. Some of us just want a community of like-minded folks to communicate with too.

I'll not deny that I have posted remarks that might be judged as negative. However, for the most part those remarks we're tongue in cheek or to stir things up. I've been following this forum regularly starting a few months prior to buying my S. If you remove the negativity about promises unkept, misleading statements, communication issues, parts availability and used car buying issues there is very little negativity left. Each of the above has some merit. But the point is I've seen very little negative about the car itself. Is it perfect NO. Is it the best out there? I don't have the knowledge base to answer that. I do know that in my 56 years driving and owning cars nothing in my experience comes close. So, Jaciee please don't leave TMC. Your voice is needed. If the positive news leave all that remains is the negative. Don't let them win.

Reactions: BBone and Jaciee
One thing I'm noticing about all the nice people in this thread ... is it just me or does it seem like we're all ... how to say nicely ... a bit more experienced than some? :) . Maybe that's also true of a lot of Model S vs Model 3 (or at least that's what I've been seeing on other sites like Reddit). Use more experienced folk seem to prefer the S.

LOVE Ted, my whole family loves him, he only brings us joy, failures are minimal and can wait until annual service, if we exclude the two shattered windshields by rocks from brine trucks servicing the Marcellus shale formation, yuck:(

I will never drive a smoker again unless I lose everything and would have to salvage a junkyard vehicle to subsist. While I always drove and loved manual transmission cars with all their quirks, I imagine the future as renewables only with race tracks with gas stations on site, owners flat-bedding their 7MT 911 C4s and similar for some roaring fun to remember their youth.

Reactions: Dre78 and Jaciee