Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A positive Y review!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it has been a few weeks with my model Y awd.

Here is my initial review.

Holy *sugar* this car is awesome!

Sure there are some minor issues I will get fixed and it irritates me it does not come with homelink like every other car in the universe.... But it is super fun to drive, totally is exciting to my inner geek, it is really comfortable and the tech is really awesome.

Not to mention I love the look. I have never bought a car sight unseen before so this was a bit worrisome especially when you see all the bad things people have found with the earlier cars. So i wanted to post a positive review.

Just like a jeep, i have bought a metric *sugar*-tun of accessories.

- tesmanian mats
- Roadie for the sentry/dashcam
- Carbon fiber wrap for center console
- Carbon fiber covers for side cameras
- Dask console organizer
- Center console tray
- Organizers for frunk and trunk
- Wall charger
- Pet cover for backseats
- Center console lights
- "T" puddle lights
- Blue foot well lights
- Homelink (installed at service)

Not sure what is next but i sure love buying this crap and installing it! If others have suggestions that they loved let me know!!

Attachments

• Car.jpg
    Car.jpg
    538.9 KB · Views: 116
Great to hear about your positive experience with your Model Y! I felt the same way when I first got mine, just blown away by how much better the driving experience is that any vehicle I'd ever driven! Like you I added the home link kit and had service come to my house to install, which went well.

I'm still loving mine just as much if not more after 5 months and 8k miles. Its so fast and fun to drive. I've driven a lot of sports cars and late model vehicles but nothing really comes close to the performance of this car, and mine isn't even the performance version. The only thing I've ever had that could accelerate like this was a sports bike, but couldn't really take my family and a weeks worth of luggage along with that!

Have installed the Wall charger for my house and also installed NEMA 14-50s at my parents house and vacation home. When traveling it's easy to find hotels that have Tesla chargers and it's usually complimentary for guests which is really nice. I can't believe how inexpensive this car is to drive, even supercharger rates are very reasonable and cheaper than fueling most gas cars.

I like your list of accessories, I would also consider the tire repair kit from Tesla, it fits nicely in the smaller of the lift up compartments under the trunk of the car. I haven't had to use it on my Y yet but it did come in handy putting air in another family members car recently and worked great. Has a nice long cord and plugs into the socket in the trunk of the car. Good to keep one in the car to have in a pinch.

Also, maybe not quite an accessory but I would consider at home solar if your location allows. For me this was really the icing on the cake, being able to generate my own power at home that more than covers my driving needs in addition to powering my house. It's already inexpensive to operate the Y, but having your own electricity made at home with solar energy is just so cool, and actually makes good financial sense as long as you aren't planning to move soon.

Last edited:
So it has been a few weeks with my model Y awd.

Here is my initial review.

Holy *sugar* this car is awesome!

Really great to hear. I'm still blown away when I get in the car, and I got mine back in July. Getting into the fall/cool weather now, so I'm seeing how different it is - but really not by much. I agree with you, too, that as a tech lover, it's just plain fun and great to drive. The wall charger was the first thing I got done, even before I took delivery of the car. At home L2 charging was essential for me. I've only used a few superchargers, as my commute is pretty boring.

One of the best accessories I got thus far was the center console wrap--I wound up with a couple of creases in it (I'm not very patient) but it covers the shiny console and will prevent scratches. Another cool one I like is a red center wheel cap and black lug nut covers...I have the black 20" induction wheels on a black exterior/interior, and I wanted to give it a small pop of color...I also covered the "T" badges on the hood and tailgate with red vinyl ones, to kind of bring all the color together. I'm also thinking about interior red LED replacement lights, and at some point, I really want to replace the wood interior bar with carbon fiber...but that's a bit expensive for me, for now. Got some good charging cables for both 120V and 240V 14-50 charging, along with the full charger adapter kit, TT-30 RV adapter, and a CHAdeMO adapter. I wanted to have max options for charging.