Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A question on Tesla Network taxi service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

timk225

Mar 24, 2016
Pittsburgh
I thought of a question about the Tesla Network. The car would have to be FSD to be able to do it. But if my 3 didn't have FSD, would I have to pay out thousands for FSD to start making money, or would Tesla give me FSD for free if I let it be used on the robo taxi network?

I guess no one can answer this question yet, but it will have to be dealt with at some time.

• Funny
Reactions: TexasEV
And since every new car produced will have it built in, I don’t think there will be any shortage of vehicles. Now whether private owners want to subject there cars to the whims of passengers, idk. Unless my car was well worn and I didn’t care much about maintaining its looks, etc I don’t think I’d be a participant. I care to much about my car to let it be used for that purpose.

And since every new car produced will have it built in, I don’t think there will be any shortage of vehicles. Now whether private owners want to subject there cars to the whims of passengers, idk. Unless my car was well worn and I didn’t care much about maintaining its looks, etc I don’t think I’d be a participant. I care to much about my car to let it be used for that purpose.

I think that you are thinking about the wrong thing ALL Model 3s are capable. But the question is whether you would have to spend the money for FSD (or if it wold magically turn on and off as car is placed in rental.
I too think that the answer would be that FSD is required. If you are going to make $30k, it would be a quick ROI.

I think that you are thinking about the wrong thing ALL Model 3s are capable. But the question is whether you would have to spend the money for FSD (or if it wold magically turn on and off as car is placed in rental.
I too think that the answer would be that FSD is required. If you are going to make $30k, it would be a quick ROI.

I meant that my understanding is that all vehicles produced today included FSD automatically. Yes, for the rest of us, not only would you need to have FSD but then decide whether it's worth it. Depends on your priorities I suppose.

I meant that my understanding is that all vehicles produced today included FSD automatically. Yes, for the rest of us, not only would you need to have FSD but then decide whether it's worth it. Depends on your priorities I suppose.
They include the sensors, but not FSD. As I said, all Model 3s have included the sensors, only difference is the CPU, which will be upgraded for everyone with FSD.