Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A REAL wireless charging pad for the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I looked at that and considered it, how much height does it add would you guess?

About 1/4".

They've changed the design though, it now completely replaces the stock cover instead of reusing it, so it might not add as much, if any.

Considering it was 3D printed it might be worth contacting them to see if they'll still make you one of the original versions.

Reactions: gilscales
About 1/4".

They've changed the design though, it now completely replaces the stock cover instead of reusing it, so it might not add as much, if any.
I wish someone here with a 3D printer would come up with a new one that was only meant to close the gap to say 1/8" (does not have to hold cables, just for wireless pad usage) so we will never loose our phones in the console again! I would buy one for $50, its kinda of a pain in the butt small problem but...? however the new Taptes has the lip and I do not have any time with that one yet

I wish someone here with a 3D printer would come up with a new one that was only meant to close the gap to say 1/8" (does not have to hold cables, just for wireless pad usage) so we will never loose our phones in the console again! I would buy one for $50, its kinda of a pain in the butt small problem but...? however the new Taptes has the lip and I do not have any time with that one yet

That's what this one did, it just added about 1/4 inch to the stock lip and you'd never know it, except my phone not doesn't fall in a hole over and over. :)

that looks great, I had been asking on another thread why someone does not make this yet, an ideal one for me would be a complete replacement of the unit and it does not need to hold cables if you would be using a wireless charging pad, without the lip return and tall enough that there is only an 1/8" gap or so left from the top cover but this one looks like it would do the trick!

I have a Mophie battery case and I need it because I use my phone so much at work. I bought the Nomad and hadn’t anticipated it wouldn’t fit my iPhone with the Mophie case, I really wish Tesla would have thought about more about the space needed for larger phones and cases. It’s pretty much useless to me.