Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A REAL wireless charging pad for the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just a quick update, make sure you order a power bank that has pass through charging. This way you can leave everything plugged in. Some power banks will only allow you to charge or discharge, but not both simultaneously, so you would have to disconnect from the car's usb ports to have the power bank working. With pass through charging, you can just leave everything plugged in.
It doesn’t say so specifically, but by their description it appears that it does.

Reactions: Asad1087
Just canceled. Want nothing to do with a power bank. Was not so happy to receive the production hell email. Saying how they are sending it out to a couple customers to give the final thumbs up, but would be shipping within the week or so......What if they all say it is horrible?
Are they going to start over, or is this a kickstart like idea?

From my email today:

"This is a quick email to let you know a few things. First, our first production units are out of the assembly and will be sent tomorrow to a few customers. This is necessary to double check and verify if the product passes the verdict of these chosen customers. If feedback is positive, we will be sending all the Jeda Wireless Pads shortly

Second, around next week you should receive another email indicating when can you expect your delivery, according to your order date. We have overpassed the number of orders we were expecting and our company has had to hire extra people to keep up with the workflow. As some would say, we've been in production hell for a few days but we should be ramping up production soon .

And finally, we wanted to leave you with a great taste of what's to come, so check out this review on Model 3 Owners Club from Michael Bodner, one of our beta testers who has been really involved in the development process of the Jeda Wireless Pad."

Everyone is free to have their own opinion and do what they like obviously.

I however am not bothered by the delay, they seem to be making sure they have good product coming out of manufacturing before ramping it up. I like that they are being conservative with it in the beginning. In the event there is an issue they wont have so many on hand. If it means waiting and extra week or two to get a better product, so be it.
Also it didn't bother me that they used the Production Hell joke, their product is aimed at Tesla customers after all.
Sure this thing could be terrible and a waste of money but these things do not seem to indicate that.

PS: Apple still hasn't shipped their AirPower charging mat, it was announced at the Fall iPhone event. Just something that I remembered.

Reactions: Pkmmte
Everyone is free to have their own opinion and do what they like obviously.

I however am not bothered by the delay, they seem to be making sure they have good product coming out of manufacturing before ramping it up. I like that they are being conservative with it in the beginning. In the event there is an issue they wont have so many on hand. If it means waiting and extra week or two to get a better product, so be it.
Also it didn't bother me that they used the Production Hell joke, their product is aimed at Tesla customers after all.
Sure this thing could be terrible and a waste of money but these things do not seem to indicate that.

PS: Apple still hasn't shipped their AirPower charging mat, it was announced at the Fall iPhone event. Just something that I remembered.

seem
waiting
could be
terrible
waste

Words I don't like to use in things I put my money in often.

,but as you said do what you want. It can only be another useless automotive trinket. Or it could save the charging masses of the Model 3's daily frustration on how to charge the phone.

If it doesn't work on so called beta testing. Trust me it will be more than a week or two.

seem
waiting
could be
terrible
waste

Words I don't like to use in things I put my money in often.

,but as you said do what you want. It can only be another useless automotive trinket. Or it could save the charging masses of the Model 3's daily frustration on how to charge the phone.

If it doesn't work on so called beta testing. Trust me it will be more than a week or two.
I will be posting a review whenever I do get it to help other people.

I used those specific words because I don't have any inside knowledge. All we have to go by is our own personal experiences. My gut tells me the are just being cautious and doing their due diligence before scaling up manufacturing. If there was radio silence for instance than I would be hesitant. I also like that fact they are refunding people at their request, again not a sign of money grab fly by night company.
The review they are sharing was done by a long time moderator on the M3OC forums, I believe he would give an honest opinion as he has been for years on various topics. Only time will tell if I am right or wrong but in the mean time I am comfortable putting down $80($100 for others) based on the information we all have.

I tend to be an early adopter and know full well the risks I am taking.

Once again I fully respect and support others decisions who feel differently.

***EMAIL***

Hello -----------,

I apologize for the delay but our team is doing its best to ship the orders.
As we mentioned, we have started shipping this week for the first orders. We are sending a delivery confirmation email 2/3 days before delivery so you know when you can expect your order. If you haven't received your email, you should be receiving it in the upcoming days.

Again, apologies for the delay in the deliveries, we've had an outstanding amount of orders and we are doing our best to fulfill them all as soon as possible.

All the best,

• Informative
Reactions: Snow Drift
Strange. I didn’t receive that update email and neither did several folks based on Twitter replies.

So has anyone actually received one?

Still waiting.....

***EMAIL***

Hello -----------,

I apologize for the delay but our team is doing its best to ship the orders.
As we mentioned, we have started shipping this week for the first orders. We are sending a delivery confirmation email 2/3 days before delivery so you know when you can expect your order. If you haven't received your email, you should be receiving it in the upcoming days.

Again, apologies for the delay in the deliveries, we've had an outstanding amount of orders and we are doing our best to fulfill them all as soon as possible.

All the best,

Strange. I didn’t receive that update email and neither did several folks based on Twitter replies.

So has anyone actually received one?

Still waiting.....

I got that email too, but I had thought it was a personal response to my order status inquiry email. Maybe it just went out to all the people who wrote them asking what was up?
Still no email w estimated ship date.

We know of one person who got theirs, but he's also the one who beta-tested and writes lots of glowing reviews for them (but has no affiliation).

Looks like Jeda has someone taking ownership of communications going forward. I just got this via email today:

My name is Isabelle, and I just joined the Jeda team to help out with communications, workflow, and orders. Prior to joining Jeda, I have been informed that our team was struggling to provide updates and quality customer service, due to heavy workloads and production deadlines. That's where I come in. I'm new to the team, but I'll be taking over communications to ensure that you are all up to date on what's happening at Jeda, and where we are at.

I know in the past our communication left much to be desired, and you are all probably wondering - "where the heck is my Jeda pad!?"

Last week we sent out our first official batches of the Jeda Wireless Pad, and emails were only sent to those who it shipped to. This was clearly a mistake as we should have sent a newsletter to everyone, and it won't be happening going forward.

Going forward you can expect emails from us on a weekly basis which will contain one or more of the following:

• weekly update on production
  • shipping update
  • customer reviews (as they come in)
I'll personally be involved in making sure you receive this e-mail in your inbox, and will work on answering and addressing all messages in the meantime.

I'm working with our team to create an organized shipping schedule, and will be focusing on this as my main task for the week so that I can provide appropriate ETA's to all of you.

Hardware is hard - but I'll make sure communication is easy.

Should you need anything in the meantime, you can reach me on my personal email at [email protected] - or shoot us a message on our website!

Salutations,

Isabelle B.
Communications Manager
Jeda Products Inc.
getjeda.com

Absolutely agree. The only review I saw is vigorously imbalanced and biased...
Where was the review? I have to admit that this rather mind boggling. This product should not be that hard to produce—I mean, if people can 3D print relatively good versions of this—this should not be overly difficult to produce in bulk. The electronics are not that complicated...so totally perplexed why it has taken as long as it has.

Last edited:
Reactions: outdoors
We went with this one from EVannex
Easy install. Works fine. Relatively stable.
Dual Qi Wireless Phone Charger for Tesla Model 3
Here’s some pics of our install. Flash accentuates texture. Including one with the iPhone home screen without flash
BFE0C65A-BBDF-4D39-8908-6A457F57C0C4.jpeg
9DFEF970-45D6-4C57-9681-C5915AF0FE5F.jpeg
C4AA4345-9EB0-45A9-A0CD-712E7FC5944E.jpeg
631E9613-7830-4158-B3FB-A7DDFFADF183.jpeg