Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A sad day. Got T-boned today.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our model 3 saved our lives today. We got T-boned by a reckless driver trying to beat the red light.
Amazing engineering from Tesla. We were still able to drive home.

Looking for a Tesla certified body shop within the Austin area for estimates.

yIqpe0L.jpg

I am so glad you're okay. Hope the car is repaired expertly and quickly, and a pox on that jerko who tried to 'make the light' and hit you. I will never understand the cost/benefit judgement errors I see in traffic. Were you able to get the reckless driver's insurance info and a police report perhaps?

Our model 3 saved our lives today. We got T-boned by a reckless driver trying to beat the red light.
Amazing engineering from Tesla. We were still able to drive home.

Looking for a Tesla certified body shop within the Austin area for estimates.

yIqpe0L.jpg
Glad you're safe, sorry about the car, amazed that you drove home. Did the side airbags go off?

there was a slight pull to the right and there were a lot of red warning signs from the main console. Even the police were surprised with the car.

I had the same experience when someone ran a red light and totaled my wife’s model 3 when I was driving it. My split second reaction when I knew I was going to be hit was “this is it. A serious collision after over thirty years of driving.”

but then after a loud whack sound I just slowly rolled to a stop off the road with only the smell of smoke and a smashed up front end. Not a single physical effect of the wreck except for a very light abrasion on my left arm from the airbag or something. I got out and started getting my things out of the car like nothing happened. Amazing