TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

a screen protector comes with the car? (more than just cutting the tabs off)

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by gnychis, Jan 16, 2014.

1. gnychis

gnychis Member

Has anyone else seen this thread over on the "official" Tesla forums? "That *is* a Screen Protector." A few owners claim that the plastic that comes on top of the center console screen is actually a screen protector (beyond the basic sense that you can cut the tabs off of the plastic). In other words, that plastic that comes on the center console screen has two layers. If you carefully pull back one layer using the tab, there is another layer that still exists and can sit on the glass. I've searched our forum about this, but I've only seen people cutting the tabs off the plastic. Anyone getting one delivered soon that can confirm this? I was going to order a screen protector, but I won't if this is true.

2. Zextraterrestrial

hmm, not that I have ever heard. I bough a set that came with 4 (2 mat, 2 crystal) protectors on Amzn

3. liuping

liuping Active Member

I don't think there was any plastic on my screen when I picked up my car. I'm sure it was removed as part of delivery prep.

4. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

No plastic on mine, either. It must have been removed prior to delivery.

5. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Mine was on, but as far as I know that's just a shipping screen protector not intended for long term use. I took it off and put on a different one. Too bad I'm not very good at it because there are a couple of bubbles.

6. ABVA

ABVA Member

I was specifically told that it was shipping screen protector and was advised to remove it. I bought a set of 4 from Amazon.

7. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

Correct, this is for shipping only. I had a friend that returned a 50" plasma screen to Best buy because he said the picture was crappy and everything was tinted blue...... It was a quick visit.

8. ABVA

ABVA Member

9. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

10. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

I've had the NuShield DayVue protector on for a year now and have been very happy with it. Completely forgot it was there until I saw this thread. About the best you could want in a screen protector.

Install and first thoughts here.